WeatherTech Cafe

By Joy Barber

One of my all-time favorite experiences of college has been meeting up with friends! Not only does CU Boulder have amazing academics, but the campus also has amazing places for students to meet up with friends and hang out. Some of the best memories I have experienced during my time in college have been meeting up with friends at various places on campus.

Here are some of my favorite hot spots, just minutes from my dorm!

Folsom Field
One of the most well-known places on campus is Folsom Field. Folsom Field is home to the Colorado Buffaloes football team. Thousands of people from around the country flock to this picturesque field to witness our famed mascot, Ralphie, running and then watching the CU Buffs game. I have had the time of my life not only cheering on the Buffs, but also catching up with friends.

The Connection
Did you know that located inside of the UMC is the only bowling alley in Boulder? The Connection is the perfect spot to let loose and challenge friends to a friendly game of bowling, billiards or video games. My favorite time to visit is on Extreme Bowling nights held on Fridays and Saturdays. It is so much fun to bowl with black lights, colored lane lights and neon colored pins!

WeatherTech Café
Located on the first floor of the Center for Community, the WeatherTech Café boasts a laid-back and casual atmosphere. Customers can enjoy a wide variety of food and beverages that satisfy any taste bud. I am obsessed with their calzones and gelato. During the week, this cafe is a popular spot for my friends and me to meet and discuss our day.

I hope you have the chance to meet with friends and socialize during your busy weekdays! Balancing a busy class schedule can be difficult; make sure to prioritize your friendships and enjoy your free time right on campus!