If you aren’t spending any time at the CU Rec Center, you are missing out! We all have seen the beautiful view the rec center offers, at least once on a campus tour. But how often do you actually utilize the gym? In addition to the beautiful view and the beautiful facility in general, there might be opportunities you are missing out on!
Here are some of my favorites:
- Turf Fit Friday. Did you know this is a thing? Every Friday at 3pm on the indoor soccer field (turn right before you get to the basketball court), exercise equipment is set up for your use.
- Group fitness classes: Zumba, Pilates and more! Learn to rock climb!
- Intramural sports. Start an inner tube water polo team with your squad.
- Free ice skating, Bouldering and classes the first week of every semester!
- Fitness Challenges. There are always signs around the front of the rec when the next challenge is about to start, and usually an information table. Why not challenge yourself next time?
- Reserve dance rooms for group practices. There is a limit on the number of times you can do this, unless you are in a club, but this is helpful for any group who needs a practice room temporarily.
All these things and more!! And of course, we are all eagerly awaiting the day we can go into the Buff pool…