Lia and her friends during their freshman year…one month that is. It is completely insane but somehow I have come to the end of my undergraduate college experience. I know that everyone says that college is over in a blink of an eye, but it’s hard to actually conceptualize that when you are a freshman at orientation. Lately I have had mixed emotions about graduation. One day, I am beyond excited. No more exams, or homework…it all sounds great! The next day though, I am mildly terrified to start this new journey as a real-life adult (college students don’t really count you know).

It should be mentioned that, by some miracle, I managed to secure a job after graduation. I know, I am pretty surprised myself! At first, I wasn't sure if this would happen right away. Then one day, I received, not one, but two offers! After a lot of consideration, I am now set to start with Arrow Electronics in their accounting and finance department in May. Having a job lined up has really helped to alleviate some of my fears about graduating. At least I know that I won’t be living unemployed in a box somewhere. Having a job lined up has also made it hard to focus on school work though. With my will to do homework at an all-time low and senioritis at full-force, May really cannot come fast enough.

While I have loved my time at CU-Boulder, I know (maybe) that I am ready for this next chapter in my life. Once a Buff, always a Buff. I know that the connections that I have made here, and the skills that I have achieved will always stay with me, and I cannot wait for May to come.

Lia

Lia Peulen