Fiske planetariumDid you know that CU-Boulder has a planetarium? Did you know that said planetarium does nightly laser shows and different events that are specially discounted for students?

On a bit of a whim, I found myself at the Fiske planetarium a few weeks ago to see one of these laser shows. The planetarium is right next to the basketball stadium, near the Kittredge dorms. When I was a freshman, I lived in Buckingham, so I passed the planetarium every day to go to class. That being said, I never really took advantage of Fiske, which is why I am trying to make up for it now.

When you walk into the planetarium, you are greeted by gigantic planets and models of the solar system. There are also interactive stations where you can learn more about science or light and why our eyes can only perceive different colors. Now, I am the absolute worst when it comes to things like that, but reading about the various displays was super interesting. There is also a wall lined up with vintage-looking space posters, which I highly recommend checking out if you end up going.

The show that we ended up seeing was called Liquid Sky. It was a techno light show. Now, if you know me at all, you’d know that this isn’t the typical kind of thing that I would be interested in. I am so glad, though, that I went out on a limb and went to this show. The lights literally were all around you, and the music was awesome. 10/10, I would definitely go again. The lobby of the planetarium itself made for a fun experience, and the show was just the icing on the cake.

To check out other shows and availability, I highly recommend that you visit their website at https://fiske.colorado.edu/. I promise you won’t regret it!

Lia

Lia Peulen