Published: March 22, 2016

CU-Boulder students volunteeringThere are more college students interested in serving people than you think! If you love community service, or are looking for a place to get your mandatory community service hours completed, look no further!! The Alpha Pi Omega fraternity is dedicated to serving the community, and has great team bonding events and group volunteer opportunities!

The close-knit fraternity has both pledge and active meetings on Monday nights, starting at 6pm, in Hellems 241. Anyone is welcome to attend these meetings. The pledge fees, if you decide to pledge, are reasonable and the community is exceptional. The club has a long history of helping people with fun events. If you are at all interested in serving with friends, go to the meetings and read all about the club on their website: https://www.apoonline.org/gammatheta/

“I joined last semester. My favorite part of the club is the awesome sense of community. Everyone is so friendly and we have a lot of fun doing service together. We do a whole variety of different service events! We do ‘PB and J Lovin'’ every Saturday, we do a lot of big events with the Boy Scouts like Klondike and Merit Badge University, where we help the Boy Scouts earn their merit badges! The bunny rescue was my favorite!”

-Kate Chambers, Sophomore

I personally have already experienced a kind welcome from the club, the first time I attended one of their meetings. I encourage anyone who is at all interested to check this club out! You never know—this could be the place you find your lifelong friends!

Harper

Harper Brown
Sophomore