Published: Oct. 30, 2015

Why did the vampire go to the doctor’s office? Because he couldn’t stop coffin. Pearl Street

OK, that was pretty bad. I should have included a pun warning on my first post because I have a tendency to get carried away with those . . . can you tell that I am excited about Halloween? It has always been one of my favorite holidays. The candy, the costumes . . . the candy.  It’s all around a good time. For those freshman who are reading, Halloween on campus is always a pretty big deal.  I love that time of the year because there are always people that dress up on their way to class. Last year I remember seeing a banana biking his way to class and a tiger by the library. I think that I enjoy Halloween so much because everyone is in a playful mood. Even if you don’t like going out, it is fun just to take the season in. Also, did I mention the candy?!

This Halloween, I am probably going to go to Pearl Street and then hang out with friends. Pearl Street on Halloween is the absolute best and I highly recommend going for one reason alone: people watching. People are incredibly creative with their costumes and it is a blast to go and see it. Last year, my favorite was a couple costume modeled after a Google Map. The guy was point A and his girlfriend was point B. It was adorable. I also saw at least five Marty Mcflys, which was pretty hilarious. I am nowhere near creative enough to come up with something like that, so seeing what other people do is really entertaining. After Pearl Street, I am planning on heading to a friend’s house to watch scary movies and eat way too much candy corn. If this is your first Halloween in Boulder, then you are in for a surprise. It isn’t just the college kids that get excited. It truly seems like the whole city goes all out and enjoys the night. To be honest, I am not really sure why.

If you are not into costumes or crowds, then there are also a wide array of fun fall activities that start up around this time of the year. There are corn mazes, fall carnivals and sites all around. Halloween is also great because it’s a sort of mini celebration after the first round of exams and projects. We are about halfway done with the semester! Here’s to celebrating with pumpkin spiced everything and caramel apples.  I will leave you with another bad joke:

What is a monster’s favorite dessert?  I-scream!

Lia
Lia Peulen