Published: Oct. 23, 2015

Football is kind of a big deal here at CU-Boulder. We've done a great job so far Footballthis year—
we beat CSU, so there’s not much more we can ask for!

Here are the steps to going to a game at CU-Boulder:

1. Picking out an outfit: We have a lot of different themed games here, so make sure to pay attention to the schedule! For example, at the Rocky Mountain Showdown, everyone wore white and at the Oregon game, some sections wore gray and some sections wore black to make stripes.
  2. Tailgating: A lot of different groups meet to tailgate and if you don’t understand football (like me), then it’s probably going to be the most fun part of the day too. I have tailgated with my business fraternity, the alumni group and also my parents’ friends (super cool). The best part about tailgating is the food because it gives you an excuse to eat hot dogs and chicken wings at 10 a.m.
  3. The game: Obviously! The game is the best part of the whole ordeal. The more people there, the more fun that the games are. We have a good crowd and always have fun even if we’re surrounded by strangers. Like I said, I know nothing about football, so following what’s going on is really hard. Luckily, standing in the crowd with a lot of people who know what’s going on helps you know when to cheer and when to be sad. It’s great. This is also another chance to eat junk food because why not?

Going to football games at CU-Boulder is a way to be a part of the team, or at least pretend like you are. Sko Buffs!

Cassandra Duchan
Cassandra Duchan