Published: Sept. 25, 2015

If there is one thing that has been consuming my thoughts lately, it is the thought of my
impending graduation. WorkDon’t get me wrong, I am beyond excited to be finished with my undergrad degree . . . but, then what? I know at the very least that I want to work. I am thinking grad school is in my future, but quite honestly I need a break from school for a while. Plus. It would be nice to take out a chunk of my student loans. Getting a job is easier said than done though. I can’t help but be reminded of a scene from the TV show, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, where Charlie exclaims the following in response to why he can’t get a job:

“Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don’t I just strap on my job helmet and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on little jobbies?!”

He does have a point. Getting a job is a necessity, but where do you start? Well, the first place that I went to was Career Services. My counselor, Kristi, helped me to update a résumé and even did a mock interview with me in the past. On the Career Buffs website, you can even search for jobs directly by area of emphasis and region (internships too). It is super helpful and I highly recommend using it.

The past few weeks have also been packed with employers visiting the Leeds School of Business. In the last month, I have seen a huge number of companies. The other day, I was lucky enough to speak with a college recruiter for KPMG. The recruiters brought us neat freebies and also answered questions about working for their company.

I should also mention that ice cream was involved. The search for jobs is definitely a stressful one, but it’s nice knowing that CU-Boulder is helping. With so many recruiters coming around, it’s almost like the jobs are coming directly to you! Hopefully things all work out for the best.

Lia
Lia Peulen