Undergraduate CU Boulder engineering and applied science students in the CU SPUR program earn hourly wages (currently $15/hr) while engaging in research with college faculty and graduate students. Positions are advertised in late February, and applications are accepted through the end of March for positions for the upcoming summer term.
You may work up to 300 hours in these positions over 10 weeks. You must be available for the entire 10-week program, which generally runs from early June to early August. You will also attend several mandatory seminars, and all CU SPUR students present a PowerPoint presentation at the end of the 10 weeks.
- Summer 2022 program dates: May 31 - Aug. 12
You must be available for the entire 10 weeks to participate in the program. No exceptions!
- Project list released: Feb. 21
- Deadline to apply: March 28
- Students notified of decision: May 1
Program Details & Requirements
- You must be in Good Academic Standing in the College of Engineering and Applied Science to apply for a position. This means that degree-seeking students should be meeting CU cumulative, semester and major GPAs of at least 2.0
- Open to CU Boulder College of Engineering and Applied Science students only
- Must be a current or continuing student. If you're graduating in May, you are not eligible.
- Prior CU SPUR and/or prior DLA students are not eligible to participate
- Goal is to get new students into labs, so if you are currently working in a lab, you are not eligilbe to apply for a project in that lab.
- Please read the descriptions carefully and make sure you meet all the requirements for each position.
- Application review will not begin until the application deadline closes, so take your time to submit your application, there is no rush!!
- No housing/travel allowances are provided for this program.
- View Summer 2022 Projects Here