CU Summer Program for Undergraduate Research (CU SPUR)
Undergraduate CU Boulder engineering students in the CU SPUR program earn hourly wages (currently $12/hr) while engaging in research with college faculty and graduate students. Positions are advertised in early February, and applications are accepted through the end of February for positions for the upcoming summer term. Students may work up to 300 hours in these positions over ten weeks. Students must be available for the entire ten week program which generally runs from early June to early August. Students attend several mandatory seminars and all CU SPUR students present a Power Point presentation at the end of the ten weeks.
- Summer 2019 program dates*: June 3 - August 9th
*You must be available for the entire ten weeks to participate in the program.
- Minimum GPA requirement to apply for a CU SPUR position is 2.7
- Open to CU Boulder College of Engineering Students Only
- Must be a current or continuing student, if you're graduating in May, you are not eligible.
- Prior CU SPUR and/or Prior DLA Students are not eligible to participate
- View Projects: Summer 2019 Projects will be available to view here in early February. Please check back then! To give you an idea of what it will look like, you can go here to view the projects that were available last summer. https://sites.google.com/a/colorado.edu/cu-spur-projects-2018
- Apply for a Project: All students who meet the GPA requirement will be emailed a link with the application in early February. If you think you qualify, but didn't get the email, please email Sharon.E.Anderson@Colorado.Edu