CU Summer Program for Undergraduate Research (CU SPUR)
Undergraduate CU Boulder engineering students in the CU SPUR program earn hourly wages (currently $14/hr) while engaging in research with college faculty and graduate students. Positions are advertised in early February, and applications are accepted through the end of February for positions for the upcoming summer term. Students may work up to 300 hours in these positions over ten weeks. Students must be available for the entire ten week program which generally runs from early June to early August. Students attend several mandatory seminars and all CU SPUR students present a Power Point presentation at the end of the ten weeks.
- Summer 2021 program dates: June 1st - August 6th
*You must be available for the entire ten weeks to participate in the program * No EXCEPTIONS!
- Students will be required to be in Good Academic Standing in the College of Engineering in Applied Science to apply for a position.
- This means that degree-seeking students should be meeting CU cumulative, semester, and major GPAs of at least 2.25
- Open to CU Boulder College of Engineering and Applied Science Students Only
- Must be a current or continuing student, if you're graduating in May, you are not eligible.
- Prior CU SPUR and/or Prior DLA Students are not eligible to participate
- Goal is to get new students into labs, so if you are currently working in a lab, you are not eligilbe to apply for a project in that lab.
- Please read the descriptions carefully, some projects may be offered remotely, some in person and some a hybrid. Make sure if you apply for an in-person project that you will be in Boulder this summer.
- No housing/travel allowances are provided for this program.
- View Summer 2021 Projects
- Watch the "Preparing to Apply for the CU SPUR/DLA" Webinar
- Apply for a Project: All students who are in Good Academic Standing in CEAS will be emailed a link with the application by February 22nd. If you think you qualify, but didn't get the email, please email Sharon.E.Anderson@Colorado.Edu
- Deadline to Apply: March 19th
- Students will be notified of decision: May 1st
- If you accept another position for the summer after applying, please notify Sharon.E.Anderson@Colorado.Edu to remove your application from consideration.