On Oct. 16, 2019, CU Boulder Provost Russell L. Moore asked Scott Adler, dean of the Graduate School, to chair a committee that would envision the future of graduate education at CU Boulder and seek ways to best position our students, graduate programs and the Graduate School to meet the needs of a rapidly changing economy, and the academic and professional job markets.
The provost asked the committee to consider and make recommendations for improving graduate education and training, student experience and success, student support and wellbeing, and to consider ways that the university can assist the Graduate School in making this vision a reality. The provost also asked the committee to outline short- and long-term goals and benchmarks with methods of assessment to gauge the performance of the Graduate School in meeting those objectives.
The provost requested a strategic plan from the committee by the end of the 2020 spring semester.
Download letter of charge: Graduate School Strategic Planning Committee.
- Chair: Scott Adler, dean, Graduate School
- Kenneth Anderson, professor, Computer Science, College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Laurie Conway, graduate program assistant, Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
- Sarah Fahmy, graduate student, Theatre & Dance; president, United Government of Graduate Students
- Patrick Ferrucci, assistant professor, Journalism, College of Media, Communication and Information
- Erin Furtak, associate dean of faculty and professor, School of Education
- Jennifer Ho, professor of Ethnic Studies; executive director, Center for Humanities & the Arts
- Erin Hutchinson, associate director and senior academic business partner, Budget & Fiscal Planning
- Heidi Mallon, assessment coordinator, Graduate School
- Ginny McNellis, assistant dean, Graduate School
- Matthew McQueen, associate professor, Integrative Physiology, Institute of Behavioral Genetics
- Mike Murray, director of Strategic Initiatives, Human Resources
- Gretchen O’Connell, senior assistant dean, Graduate School
- Daniel Silver, professor of clarinet, College of Music
- Joe Thomas, senior executive aide to the vice chancellor, Student Affairs
- Thomas Vossen, associate professor, LEEDS School of Business
For questions and comments, please email email@example.com.