Published: Feb. 19, 2016

RTD bus stopIf you’ve travelled basically anywhere in the country, then you’ve probably been to DIA. It’s one of the country’s largest hubs, and almost unavoidable when you are flying somewhere. For those traveling for spring break, or needing to get away from Colorado (though, I couldn’t imagine why), the idea of getting to the airport in itself may seem a little stressful.

But, if you are needing to get to DIA from CU-Boulder then never fear…you have quite a few options! Below I have listed the top three ways of getting to the airport.

1. The bus: If you have never used the bus or light rail while in Colorado…WHY? As CU-Boulder students we get FREE access to local and regional busses as well as the light rail in Denver. It’s awesome; and if you’re traveling light, then it’s pretty convenient as well.
  2. Uber/Lyft: I’ll admit, I was a little skeptical about car share programs at first. There is just something a little unsettling about letting a complete stranger give you a ride in my opinion…but maybe I’m just paranoid. The truth is that Uber is a great way to get to where you need to go, especially if you have a lot of luggage or if your plane leaves at a weird time. Make sure to have a little extra cash for your trip though to cover the cost. I have heard of people paying anywhere from $60-$100 to get from campus to DIA.
  3. Friends: You’d be surprised about who you can talk to about rides when you don’t have a car yourself. My first bet would be to talk to your RA, or another advisor in your residence hall. More often than not they’d be happy to help you out (just remember, paying for gas is a common courtesy).

Lia

Lia Peulen