As of August 24, 2012, academic institutions are required to implement changes in some of the regulations governing Conflict of Interest reporting. These changes affect research personnel who receive funding from/are supported by Public Health Service (PHS) agencies, including, but not limited to, the National Institute of Health (NIH). An expanded list of agencies can be found at the following website: http://www.hhs.gov/about/orgchart/
Disclosure: All faculty, and any other employee or student with responsibility for the design, conduct or reporting of research are considered critical to the research process and must disclose any significant financial interest and external professional activity that could compromise university decision making or duties.
In general, here is how these changes affect the reporting process:
The mandatory educational training module is available through Skillport via the following link: Log in to MyCUInfo at http://mycuinfo.colorado.edu/.
You must have either an Employee ID number (EIN) or a Person of Interest ID number (POI) in order to access this site. For information about these types of IDs please contact the Personnel Payroll Liaison (PPL) for the department with which you are affiliated.
1) Click on top tab: CU Resources.
2) Click on the Training tab on the left side of screen.
3) Click on Start SkillSoft. Be patient; loading may be slow.
4) Access the Catalog on the left side of screen.
5) Open University of Colorado – Courses.
6) Open the COI folder, and select CU:Conflict of Interest for NIH.
7) Start the module by clicking the blue triangle.