Jobs at CU Processes
JOBSATCU Step-By-Step Guide - (04/30/14)
JOBSATCU (University of Colorado's online employment posting and application system) (1/1/09)
All research faculty recruitment and hiring must include the use of the University's new online employment posting and application system, JobsatCU. Please note that the following are the three primary recruiting and hiring scenarios in which hiring units will incorporate the use of Jobs at CU:
- "Regular/Open-Competitive Search": posting ad at alternative site(s), referencing the JobsatCU posting number in the ad, requiring all applicants to complete (a) Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and to upload (b) a curriculum vita (for Research Associate and/or Sr. Research Associate titles)/resume (for Professional Research Assistants and/or Sr. Professional Research Assistant titles), (c) letter of recommendation (or contact information for three professional references), and (d) proof of highest degree earned to the JobsatCU posting. Other documents can also be required by the hiring unit as necessary.
- "Targeted/Waived Search": this type of search is used when a candidate is already identified, without using the "search" process; the hiring unit is required to create a job posting in JobsatCU which will be identified as "Targeted/Waived Search", and once the JobsatCU posting is approved, a "quicklink (a) complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (Application) Form, (b) upload a current curriculum vita (for Research Associate and/or Sr. Research Associate titles)/resume (for Professional Research Assistants and/or Sr. Professional Research Assistant titles), (c) upload a letter of recommendation, and (d) upload a proof of highest degree earned to the JobsatCU posting.
Research Faculty (Professional Research Assistants (PRAs), Sr. Professional Research Assistants (Sr. PRAs), Research Associates, and/or Sr. Research Associates) Checklist - this is a completely fillable PDF and must be used rather than any previous checklists and uploaded to JobsatCU prior to the recruitment and hiring processes.
- Research Faculty Benefits, Leave and Other Policies Document – this document is no longer required to be sent to each candidate, but rather a reference to the document is included in all offer letters, and the signatures from the hiring unit and the candidate is verification that the information is understood and accepted by all parties.
- Hiring Dossier Affirmation Statement - effective 1/16/15: this document has been shortened and is part of the offer letter templates. Hiring prior to 1/16/15 still requires this form to be submitted through 1/31/15.
- Sample Search Summary Statement – EFFECTIVE with 1/1/15 hires (except for those which have been submitted for hires already in the queue)
- Sample Search Waiver Statement - EFFECTIVE with 1/1/15 hires (except for those which have been submitted for hires already in the queue). A special note regarding the Search Waiver Statement: Stating that an individual is being hired because they possess specialized research skills is not an acceptable waiver reason. Waiver requests will not be approved if this is provided. This form must be signed by the individual who is making the hiring decision, and also signed by the PPL/DL/Business Partner, then uploaded to the JobsatCU posting as a "document" prior to submitting the posting for "HR Approval".
Updated/Revised Templates: effective with the 2/1/15-2/15/15 hiring cycle, all offer letters must be on University of Colorado Boulder letterhead and submitted through DocuSign (except for letters already submitted to the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research as of 1/12/15) - the DocuSign Step-by-Step Guide will be posted on 1/12/15.