The Office of the Vice Chancellor (OVCR) for Research offers a variety of tools and resources to help faculty, students, and staff identify opportunities for scholarly activities.
Workshops & Training
Finding Funding Workshop (SPIN) September 29, 2015
Identifying prospective funding opportunities is the first step to becoming a successful grant winner. Participants will learn strategies for finding funding with SPIN – a comprehensive funding database containing more than 40,000 grant opportunities – federal and non-federal. In this interactive workshop, you will learn how to create an account and save searches that generate funding alerts.
- Tuesday, September 29th
- Noon to 1 pm - Lunch provided
- Location: C4C, Room S435 (4th floor)
- Bring your own laptop so you can explore SPIN firsthand during this live webinar presentation.
Register early - Class size is limited
The OVCR coordinates a seed grant funding competition for research and several faculty awards:
Innovative Seed Grant Program
Distinguished Research Lecture
Faculty Conference Awards
Throughout the year, the OVCR coordinates numerous Limited Campus Competitions. These competitions are required because many private foundations and federal government agency programs only allow a limited number of nominees from invited institutions, like CU-Boulder. The review process is conducted by a group of faculty who are invited by the Vice Chancellor for Research to serve on the OVCR Review Board. Based on their evaluations, nominees are selected to compete for these limited awards.
Limited Submission Calendar
The following sites and resources serve as databases of international, national, regional, and local external funding opportunities for fellowships and grants.
- SPINPlus is a web-based, searchable funding opportunities database available to all CU-Boulder faculty, staff, and students. SPINPlus includes a database of funding opportunities, a database of investigator profiles, and a matching alert service. Users can perform and save funding searches and create their own weekly email funding alert (CU-Boulder login required). Once logged in, click on the "Find Funding" link at the top of the page. For more information about how to use SPINPlus, visit our information page and read the SPIN Quick Start Guide. NOTE: For best functionality use Google Chrome or Firefox web browsers.
- For assistance, call InfoEd Global SPIN at 1-800-727-6427.
- Grants.gov is the single point of access for searching competitive funding opportunities from more than 900 grant programs offered by the 26 federal grant-making agencies.
- See the Annual Register of Grant Support, The Foundation 1000, and the Directory of Grants in the Humanities, as well as other book resources at Norlin Library.
- Funding Sources and Grant Writing
- Early Career Opportunities