The United Government of Graduate Students (UGGS) is seeking a graduate or professional student to fill the position of UGGS Office Coordinator for the 2013-2014 academic year. This position provides support to the UGGS organization and plans major UGGS events. Specific duties include:
- Help manage the firstname.lastname@example.org email account;
- Attend UGGS assembly and officer meetings, typically on Wednesdays at 5pm;
- Book meeting space each semester for the UGGS Assembly meetings;
- Send out email reminders and order food for bi-monthly Assembly meetings;
- Staff the office (located in the UMC);
- Plan annual New Graduate and Professional Student Orientation the week before classes start in August (includes securing on-campus location, speakers, food and coordinating with departments to advertise orientation);
- Help plan the annual Fall Welcome Back Picnic (includes securing outdoor location, managing alcohol approval process with CUPD and Risk Management, ordering food and beverages, advertising the event);
- Help plan the annual Roundtable event in April (includes securing location and speaker, working with Events, Planning and Catering staff to plan event logistics, printing program, and advertising the event);
- Be a signer on the financial accounts to help process payment and reimbursement requests;
- Maintain regular communication with UGGS President and other members of the Officer Team; and
- Provide additional support for special projects and events as needed to the UGGS organization and leadership.
In this position, the Coordinator will regularly be expected to communicate and work with the following groups/offices on campus:
- The Graduate School;
- Graduate Program Assistants and/or Chairs in each department across campus;
- UMC Events, Planning and Catering Office;
- Office of Career Services; and
- Other stakeholders as needed.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion for supporting graduate and professional students;
- Have previous event planning experience; and
- Have a working familiarity with the University and Graduate School structure and operations.
This is a part-time hourly student position. UGGS would like the candidate to be available at least 5 hours/week over the summer for training and then to fully move into the position (up to 20 hours/week) by the start of the Fall 2013 semester.
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday, April 5th:
- A typed, one page statement explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A current resume or CV;
- Your full contact information including department, email and phone number; and
- Contact information for two references who can speak to your skills and qualifications.
We will be conduction interviews for the position April 9th through April 16th.