CU-Boulder will be celebrating Homecoming Week 2013 from Monday, Oct. 21 – Sunday, Oct. 27 with a variety of events, both small and large, occurring throughout the week that will take place in a variety of locations across campus.
Homecoming Week will culminate on Saturday with both the Homecoming parade and football game. The parade will once again start on the Hill and end on CU’s campus. The parade will begin at 10 a.m. on the corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 13th Street, move down 13th passing the judging area in front of the Fox Theatre, and then take a left onto College Avenue. The parade will then work its way over to Euclid Avenue, crossing Broadway and ending in front of the University Memorial Center. A breakfast of donuts and hot chocolate for parade participants and attendees will be served on the UMC’s south terrace immediately following the conclusion of the parade.
The theme for this year’s Homecoming parade will be “Colorado Pride,” and participants will display floats that creatively express many of the wonderful things about living and going to school in the State of Colorado. Former women’s basketball coach and current Associate Athletic Director for Student Services, Adele Cecilia “Ceal” Barry, will be honored as the parade’s Grand Marshal.
The Saturday of Homecoming will end with the football game, where the Buffs will take on the Arizona Wildcats. The game will kickoff at 6 p.m. from Folsom Field.
Homecoming Week events:
Monday, Oct. 21
- I Love Mondays featuring free caramel apples and an appearance by CU’s mascot, Chip, 2 - 3 p.m.; UMC North Dining Area
- Homecoming Kickoff in the Connection with free food and half-price bowling, 7 - 9 p.m.; UMC Connection
Tuesday, Oct. 22
- RHA’s Homecoming Comedy Show featuring Erik Rivera, UMC Glenn Miller Ballroom; 8 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 23
- Multicultural Greek Council Yard Show, UMC 235; 7 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 24
- Program Council Homecoming Concert (students only), BoomBox and Zach Heckendorf, UMC Glenn Miller Ballroom; doors at 7:30 p.m., show at 8 p.m. Tickets are $7 at The Connection. Bring your Buff OneCard.
The CU-Boulder Alumni Association will recognize 10 of the university’s finest alumni, faculty, staff and students at the 84th Alumni Awards Ceremony during the university’s Back to Boulder Homecoming Weekend. The event, one of the longest-standing traditions at CU-Boulder, will take place at the historic Hotel Boulderado on Thursday, Oct. 24., at 5:45 p.m. with registration and light appetizers. The ceremony begins at 6:30 p.m. More Back to Boulder alumni events.
Friday, Oct. 25
- Senior Class Council Donut Giveaway; free donuts to anyone wearing CU Buffs gear, Breezeway between ATLAS and VAC; 9 a.m.
- Alumni Association Back to Boulder Luncheon featuring a renowned CU ski panel, Club Level of Folsom Field; 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.; free to all students who pre-register
- Soccer game vs. USC, Prentup Field; 3 p.m.
- Volleyball match vs. Arizona, Coors Events Center; 7 p.m.
- Pearl Street Stampede, starts in front of Boulder County Courthouse; 7 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 26
- Homecoming Parade with free breakfast immediately following at the UMC, starts on the Hill at Pennsylvania Avenue and 13th Street; 10 a.m.
- Homecoming football game vs. Arizona, Folsom Field; 6 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 27
- BUFFthon, an event raising money for Children’s Hospital Colorado, UMC Glenn Miller Ballroom; 12 – 6 p.m.
- Soccer game vs. UCLA, Prentup Field; 12 p.m.
- Volleyball match vs. Arizona State, Coors Events Center; 4 p.m.
Partnering organizations and sponsors for this year’s series of Homecoming activities include: University of Colorado Student Government (CUSG), the Division of Student Affairs, CU Athletics, CU Alumni Association, College of Arts and Sciences Student Government, Program Council, the Residence Hall Association, CU Greek Life, the City of Boulder, the University Memorial Center, Senior Class Council, Pasta Jay’s, and PEH Architects.