With many students planning to leave campus for the Thanksgiving break, please take a moment to review some reminders. Also, if you plan to remain on campus, please review the campus operations information.
- Before you leave, find someone willing to clear snow off your property. Snow must be removed within 24 hours of a snow fall.
- Ask a friend to collect your mail and pick up newspapers and/or any trash in your yard.
- Make sure all windows and doors are locked. Move any expensive items like laptops away from windows where they may be visible.
- Set your lights on a timer and your heat to a reasonable temperature; about 60 degrees.
- Don’t leave pets by themselves. Find someone to take care of them while you are away.
- Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
- Lock your doors and windows.
- Unplug lights, computers, and appliances (except refrigerators) to conserve energy and also for safety.
- Take valuables (like jewelry) with you if at all possible.
- Secure your vehicles and bicycles in your approved parking area.
- Turn your heater to the low setting where possible. At Williams Village, turn your fan to the low setting.
- Please remove any garbage before leaving.
If you plan to remain on campus during the break, please review the following information.
- Do not prop doors open.
- Report strangers to your RA, the hall office, or CUPD at 303-492-6666.
- Always keep your doors and windows locked.
- Keep bicycles and vehicles secure.
- No meals will be served during the break period.
- C4C will be open for dinner from 5-8 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 16. This is the only dining center open for dinner on the last day before break.
- The dining centers will reopen for normal hours on Monday, Nov. 26. Weather Tech Cafe opens at 4 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 25.
- For additional dining questions, please call 303-492-MEAL.
Buff Bus Operations
The Buff Bus will not be running from Sunday, Nov. 18 through Saturday, Nov. 24. Regular service will resume on Sunday, Nov. 25. On Saturday, Nov. 17, there will be limited service: One bus from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on an alternate route- Baseline to Broadway to Euclid to 18th to Colorado to 30th to Williams Village.
Residence halls and offices will remain open during the break. Hall office hours will be open until 10 p.m. daily except for Nov. 22 when all hall offices will be CLOSED. The offices will reopen on Nov. 23 at noon. Resident advisors will be on duty as usual.
Eat, play, study, relax at the UMC during break, M-W, Nov. 19-21. Check the special hours for the Connection Bowling & Billiards, Grill and Coffee shop, plus a turkey lunch offered Tuesday, Nov. 20, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. For more information visit http://umc.colorado.edu/.
For more information housing and dining operations over Thanksgiving break visit http://housing.colorado.edu/node/9164.