Online learning may be a new experience for you. To be sure that this is a “good fit”, take this 2 minute YES OR NO quiz.
- I am a competent reader who is comfortable with written instructions and lessons.
- I am a self-directed and disciplined learner.
- I am comfortable participating in discussions in writing.
- I am organized and meet deadlines.
- I understand that online learning takes as much time or more time than face-to-face classes.
- I do not require face-to-face interactions with instructors and students in order to learn.
- I have access to a computer and the Internet for the length of the class.
- I am comfortable with my computer and can create files, organize files, find lost files.
- I understand how to access materials through the Student Portal in D2L.
- I can download and install programs or plugins.
- I have Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) or Mozilla Firefox 3.0 (or higher).
- I can save files in Rich Text Format (RTF) or PDF.
- I have a video card capable of 1024 X 768 resolution and 32 bit color (or more).
If you answer YES to most of these questions – you are ready to begin as an online learner. If you answered NO to most of the questions, you may need to make some adjustments in your learning style to be successful in an online class. If you have questions about whether online learning is “right” for you, email firstname.lastname@example.org .