University of Colorado Womens Club Volleyball is a student run Collegiate Sport Club at CU Boulder.
- 2 Teams (Black and Gold) with 24 total players
- Head and Black Team Coach: Marc Vidulich
- Gold Team Coach: Maxine Lorenzana and Katie Erickson
- Travel... during the fall we play in 3-4 in-state tournaments at various locations around the metro area, and during spring we travel to 2 out-of-state tournaments and the National Championships, this year they are being held in Dallas
- We are a nationally competitive club that requires focus, determination, and dedication. Players are expected to be punctual and attend all practices with the exception of night exams. Any absences must be discussed beforehand with the coaches.
- Now that the Rec Center has completed almost all construction we will be back in the Rec Center! Yay! Occasional Monday practices will be held at the Oasis in Broomfield. Carpooling will be provided.
- Tuesday-Practice at Recreation Center (Lower Courts)
- Thursday-Practice at Recreation Center (Lower Courts)
- Friday-Practice at Recreation Center (Lower Courts)
- Sunday-Practice at Recreation Center (Lower Courts)
*SEE CALENDAR FOR COMPETITION SCHEDULE*
- We take our club's fundraising very seriously. The cost to play at a nationally competitive level is very high. The players pay almost 90% of yearly costs. To reduce the amount that we have typically paid in the past (which was close to $1500/year; $300/fall and $1200/spring) we are going to hold numerous fundraising events including a Little Buffs Volleyball Clinic, RMR Hosted tournament and our annual Buff, Set Smash! Grass Volleyball tournament.
Each player of this club is absolutely required to partake in fundraising events, regardless if monetary assistance is needed. We want to make sure that every girl is able to tryout/play for this club. We DO NOT want financial reasons to be a determinant in whether or not they tryout/play.
- Dues are projected this semester to be $400. This may increase or decrease depending on things such as how many tournaments we attend, what equipment is purchased, and most importantly—how much fundraising is done! Players are responsible for purchasing their own flight tickets to the three tournaments we are attending in the Spring.
- Our most crucial means of communication is through our club website! Put it as a bookmark on your computer or memorize it!!! I will be continually updating it throughout the semester. If you have questions about dates, places, events, etc. All known information WILL be posted online.
Any other more specific questions, contact the president, officers or coaches.
CLUB UNITY is our #1 goal
- Make sure to do your part in helping us fulfill this goal. Poor attitudes, back biting, complaining, etc. WILL ABSOLTELY NOT be tolerated. We’re here to have fun, stay in shape, and make lasting relationships and disunity within the club will get in the way of all of that.
- Besides being a nationally competitive club, we’re also a social club ☺ We want to make lasting friendships, hang out outside of practices, and meet tons of people!
- If you are interested in being more involved and want to potentially hold a leadership position in the future, let us know! Enthusiasm for any role, small or large is more than welcome.
- Communication is always wide open within the club. If you have questions, concerns, suggestions let us know!