- Day Without A Gay (December 10) - A sit-in protest which called attention to the number of queer people who were outraged at the passage of Proposition 8 in California. Students and staff "called in gay" to class, work, and other responsibilities and instead attended a pic-nic in the UMC.
- TransAction! Day (February 27)
- The AIDS Memorial Quilt - The QI brought sections of the NAMES Project AIDS Memorial Quilt April 13th-16th, 2009. AIDS affects millions worldwide and is a significant threat to the lives of queer and heterosexual communities. The Quilt has celebrated the lives of people who have died from AIDS related illness since the 1980s. It is currently the largest community art project in the world
- Body Auction (October 2) - Fundraiser for getting to the National Equality March, we auctioned off crafts, tutoring, cooking nights, and friendship dates.
- 2nd Annual AIDS Memorial Quilt Display (October 5-9)
- Trip to the National Equality March in Washington, DC (October 9-12)
- Transgender Day of Visibility (March 31)
- 3rd Annual AIDS Memorial Quilt Display (September 27 - October 1)
- AIDS Memorial Quilt Founder Cleve Jones Talk and Q&A (September 30)