Statement of Association
Council for Inclusion, Leadership, & Advocacy
Article I. Name
The name of this organization shall be the Council for Inclusion, Leadership, and Advocacy (CILA).
Article II. PurposeThe purpose of this group is to provide an environment which fosters diversity, inclusion, and leadership opportunities among students with and without disabilities which will develop leadership skills and self-advocacy in their lives for now and in the future. We will strive to:
- Promote inclusion of all students on the CU Boulder campus, with or without a disability
- Build leadership skills for our members that they can use in their lives as students and as future leaders
- Promote self-advocacy at school and in the community
- Raise awareness on and off campus about issues regarding access, universal design, and disabilities.
- Create long-lasting partnerships with local and national organizations who share our vision.
We will build leadership skills by:
- Bringing events to campus
- Consulting with the Disabilities Task Force
- Raising awareness about disabilities
- Providing educational opportunities for our members
- Participating in community service projects
- Issueing leadership certificate to members upon fulfilling the requirements outlined below
Article III. Membership
CILA is an affiliated group of the University of Colorado at Boulder. All members are welcome and we will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, or reprisal.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication or any other accommodations to fully participate in CILA should contact Disability Services or firstname.lastname@example.org. All efforts will be made to ensure universal access upon request.
Article IV. Amendment of Articles of Association
A majority vote by the Council is required to amend the Articles of Association.