Summer financial aid (including work-study) is awarded separately from the academic year. Students interested in summer work-study will automatically be awarded after completing the summer financial aid application in MyCUInfo. The application opens in February each year. Be sure to fill it out as soon as possible; funding is limited.
- Students who are planning to earn work-study after May 9, 2015 should apply for summer financial aid as soon as possible after the application becomes available - our funding is limited and always goes fast!
- You don't have to be enrolled in summer to receive work-study. However, if you are not taking summer classes, you must be currently enrolled in Spring 2015 and enrolled for next Fall 2015 by the first day of summer work-study on May 10, 2015.
- By May 10, 2015 the Office of Financial Aid needs to have your 2015-16 FAFSA on file AND you must demonstrate financial need in the 2015-16 academic year to qualify for summer work-study.
- Students and employers will be notified if a student cannot begin working when summer work-study begins on May 10, 2015. If students are not pre-registered for Fall 2015 courses by May 10, 2015, they won't be allowed to work. Our office will verify students' eligibility on a daily basis.
- Undergraduates enrolled less than 6 credit hours and graduate students enrolled less than 3 credit hours will be required to contribute to a Student Retirement account. In addition, student employees whose normal work schedules are 40 or more hours per week (across all jobs at the university) will also be enrolled in Student Retirement, regardless of the number of credits they're taking.
- In some cases we can give students more work-study in summer than they're technically eligible for using something called Expected Summer Savings. In these cases, we pull from next year's eligibility and allow you to earn it during summer instead. The "Expected Summer Savings" shows up as aid already paid to you on next year's award list. If you have questions about Expected Summer Savings, contact us for more info.