Required Employment Documentation
Student employees are responsible for completing all required University employment paperwork. In most cases, the department payroll administrator will provide the student employee with the proper forms, including:
- The Federal Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) form must be completed in person and within three working days of the beginning of employment. Students can visit the Student Employment Office to complete the I-9. We MUST see original forms of identification; photocopies are not acceptable.
- The W-4 Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate allows student employees to have their pay taxed correctly. Use the IRS Withholding Calculator to help you complete this form.
- The Direct Deposit Authorization Form.
- The Personal Data Worksheet and Emergency Contact Form will be provided by the employer.
- Employees MUST present an original social security card to the department payroll administrator for entry into the payroll system.
- Student Retirement Forms and the SSA-1945 may be required if a student is required to participate.