Financial Aid Home

Off-Campus Work-Study Employer Eligibility

Your agency may be eligible to hire Work-Study student employees, depending on the work they will do.

  • Local public agencies, including city or county government offices, public schools, community-owned hospitals, public libraries, and community centers may be considered for an off-campus Work-Study contract.
  • Nonprofit organizations are also considered.
  • In addition, the agency must guarantee that the work for which the students will be used:
    1. will be in the public interest and will be performed for national or community welfare, rather than for a particular interest or group;
    2. will not result in the displacement of employed workers or impair existing contracts for services;
    3. will not involve the construction, operation, or maintenance of any facility used as a place for religious worship.
  • View Approved Off-Campus Work-Study Employers
  • If you are interested in contracting with the Student Employment Office and hiring Work-Study student employees, please submit the Request for Off-Campus Work-Study Contract. To read more on our off-campus requirements for a contract, please see our Off-Campus Employer Work-study Factsheet (PDF).