1. Regular meetings shall be at 12:15 p.m. on the second Wednesday of the month.
2. Executive Board meetings shall be at 12:15 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of each month.
Revenue generated by committees shall be used as directed by the Executive Board.
1. To promote efficient change of officers, those elected in the spring shall shadow their counterparts until they take office in July.
2. Representatives elected in the spring are strongly encouraged to shadow until they become active in July.
- Blood Drive
- Health / Wellness
- Outreach Events
- Payroll/Benefits/Retirement/Legislative Affairs
- The Administrator shall keep and distribute to all Staff Council members a detailed description and list of activities for all committees.
- It is recommended that all committee chairs shall have served on Staff Council for a minimum of one year.
- Chairs of all committees shall:
- Maintain membership lists with the assistance of the Administrator.
- Give a committee summary, orally or in writing, at each Executive Board meeting.
- Call meetings as required by the activities of the committee.
- Meet with the Chancellor/Vice Chancellor of the Boulder Campus as arranged by the Staff Council Chair to develop, discuss and recommend policy changes.
- Plan a Staff Council supervisor and representative appreciation event to which supervisors and selected administrators are invited, unless this event is combined with another in which the Outreach committee arranges.
- Review written requests for leaves of absence by Staff Council representatives. It is recommended that a representative find a substitute to serve during his/her absence.
- Staff Council shall appoint and/or suggest names of Staff Council representatives or other staff employees to Boulder Campus and System wide committees that affect staff employees, including search committees for administrators.
- These delegates shall report committee activities to Staff Council in a timely fashion.
- A list of existing committees to which delegates have been appointed shall be maintained in the Staff Council office and will be reviewed annually by the Executive Board.
Changes to Standing Rules
- Standing Rules may be adopted individually by a majority vote as the need arises.
- . The Standing Rules remain in effect until rescinded or amended by a majority vote. A written copy of the proposed change must be delivered to each Staff Council representative one week prior to a regular meeting.
- The Standing Rules may be suspended temporarily for the duration of one meeting by a majority vote.