Research in our laboratory focuses on examining changes in the brain related to hearing loss. Our current studies are examining cortical functioning, plasticity and re-organization in children and adults with normal hearing and hearing-impairment
Pictured: (back row from left) Garrett Cardon, Tim Beneke, Leslie Grush, Hannah Glick, Ellen Cieszkiewicz, Gregg Chambers, Robert Isphording
(front row from left) Julia Campbell, Anu Sharma, Jessica Peterson
RECENT LAB NEWS
Student happenings in the BBL
- Leslie Grush and Jessica Peterson presented posters at the Colorado Academy of Audiology 2013 conference in Keystone to complete their Au.D.capstone projects.
- Garrett Cardon received an F-31 NIH grant (Fall 2013).
- Anu Sharma completed the 2013 Pikes Peak Ascent race.
- Hannah Glick has been accepted to the Au.D. program at the University of Colorado at Boulder with an assistanship!
- Garrett Cardon is awarded a Summer Doctoral Student Fellowship by the Graduate School at CU
- Garrett Cardon wins travel awards from the Institute of Cognitive Science and Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences Department at CU Boulder (Spring 2012).
- Garrett Cardon and Julia Campbell win mentored poster awards, which funded their travel and poster presentation at the annual conference of the American Auditory Society (AAS) in Scottsdale, AZ. (Spring 2012).
- Julia Campbell is awarded F31 individual pre-doctoral fellowship from NIDCD (12/2011)! This award will fund her dissertation research.
- Garrett Cardon and Julia Campbell present at the annual meeting of the Front Range Neuroscience Group (FRNG) in Colorado Springs, CO (12/2011).
- Our work on cortical maturation in children with Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder featured in The Hearing Journal (12/2011)
- Julia Campbell and Garrett Cardon featured as exceptional graduate students on the Universtity of Colorado's Graduate School Website (11/2011) click here
Check back for regular updates