Tips for Parents
- Most undergraduates between the ages of 18-24 are considered "dependent" for federal, state and university aid. However, communication from the university including scholarship notification, change in financial aid status, and tuition bills are sent directly to the student.
- We communicate through the student's campus email and through our secure student portal. It may be helpful to remind your son or daughter to forward important communications from the university on to you.
- Student records are protected by the federal Family Educational Rights and Protection Act (FERPA). Understanding FERPA is important when calling about your student's account.
- Students should apply for CU-specifc scholarships using the CU-Boulder Scholarship Application by March 1 (February 15th for Norlins Scholarship and President's Leadership Class - PLC) and do not have to be admitted to apply.
- To learn more about campus events, news, and resources visit the CU-Boulder Parents website.