Selective Service Requirement - Extended
We recently sent you a message stating that a registration hold would be placed on your account if you did not register for Selective Service by Thursday, October 3. Due to the impact of the federal government shutdown on the Selective Service website, we are extending the registration deadline to October 18.
However, you may still be able to complete your Selective Service registration by going directly to this link, or you can register at your local U.S. Post Office. If you have already completed registration, you may disregard this email.
Selective Service Requirement: All males who are at or over 18 and under 26 years of age must register with the Selective Service Office and certify to any state-supported institution of higher education in Colorado prior to enrolling that the Selective Service registration is complete (per Colorado House Bill 1021, effective July 1, 1987).
In order to fulfill this requirement, you MUST complete TWO steps:
1. Complete and submit the registration form on the Selective Service website.
2. Certify to the University of Colorado that you have registered with the Selective Service (IMPORTANT: All CU forms require Adobe Reader. This is especially important for Mac users, so Mac users MUST install the free Adobe Reader software for your forms to work.):
• Log on to MyCUInfo
• Click the Student tab
• Click the Registrar Forms section (at bottom right of page)
• Choose the Selective Service (For Males Only) link
• Complete and submit the form
• Note: The form will be processed and the hold will be removed the next business day; this is not an automatic process.
Office of the Registrar
University of Colorado Boulder
20 UCB Boulder, CO 80309
Phone: 303- 492-6970
Map: Regent Administrative Center Room 105