Registration Programs

Registration Programs

Concurrent & Intercampus Registration

Concurrent registration enables students to take courses on another University of Colorado campus if they are unable to take the degree required courses at CU-Boulder. If students plan to take at least one course at CU-Boulder, they are able to register concurrently on another CU campus.

Host campus: For Boulder campus students, the term "host campus" defines the University of Colorado campus other than Boulder where students are taking concurrent course work.

Home Campus: A CU-Boulder student's "home campus" is Boulder. 

How to Register for Concurrent Courses (Undergraduate students):

  1. Complete the Concurrent Registration Form and Policy obtained from the home campus registrar's office and submit to the home campus registrar's office on or after November 1 for spring semester and on or after May 1 for fall semester. 
  2. Submit the form in-person to the home campus Office of the Registrar. Note: Engineering students must secure the signature of their dean before turning this form in for registration.
  3. The registrar's office will determine if space is available, and if so, enroll the student in the requested course on the first day of courses at the host campus.
  • Before the add/drop deadline, a student may drop/add a course taken concurrently at the home campus registrar's office without signatures or forms.
  • After the deadline, a student must secure a host-campus course add form plus the appropriate signatures and turn the form in to the home-campus registrar's office.
  • Once enrolled students must be aware that services at the host campus will not be available, because they do not pay the required fees (if any) for these services.
  • How to Register for Concurrent Courses (Graduate students):

    1. Complete the Concurrent Registration Form and Policy obtained from the home campus registrar's office and submit to the home campus registrar's office on or after November 1 for spring semester and on or after May 1 for fall semester. 
    2. Students in certain graduate programs are exempt from registering at their home campus. For details see the Concurrent Registration Form and Policy. The student will then take the signed concurrent form to the Graduate School.
    3. Check with the Office of the Registrar for exceptions to the home-campus registration requirement and limitation on credit hours at the host campus.
    4. Graduate students can also participate in the Reciprocal Exchange Program (see below for more details).

    Intercampus Registration:

    If a student wants to take course work on another University of Colorado campus but not go through the concurrent registration program, they must apply for admission to that campus, follow its registration procedures, and check with the dean's office for approval. (Students in the College of Arts and Sciences may not register at the Denver or Colorado Springs campus except in the summer.) 

    Reciprocal Exchange Program

    This program allows graduate students from participating institutions to take courses at 'host' campuses at no additional cost to the student and without the student having to apply to the host campus. The Reciprocal Exchange Program is an agreement between the following state supported institutions of Colorado; the University of Colorado, Colorado State University, Colorado School of Mines, and the University of Northern Colorado.

    Reciprocal Exchange Program Requirements:

    The graduate student must be registered for the minimum number of hours to be charged a full tuition load at the home campus.

    Reciprocal Exchange Program Process:

    1. Students may pick up an application for reciprocal registration at the registrar's office of the 'home' institution.
    2. When the completed form is returned, the reciprocal exchange coordinator will then forward the form to the 'host' institution; they will set up and register the student into the appropriate
    3. At the end of the semester, the department notifies the home institution of the assigned grade.

    Faculty/Staff Tuition Benefit Registration

    For more information and details about the Faculty/Staff Tuition Benefit, visit the Bursar’s Office.

    To Register for Courses:

    1. Understand the benefit restrictions
    2. Complete the steps to apply for the benefit at the Payroll and Benefits Office.
    3. Register for courses in MyCUInfo on the first day classes of the semester you’d like to enroll.
    4. Apply for and authorize the College Opportunity Fund (COF).

    Other Types of Registration


    Nondegree students are able to enroll in CU-Boulder main campus courses (undergraduate or graduate) on a first-come, first-served basis through Continuing Education. Some ACCESS students take courses for personal or professional development, while others plan on enrolling in a degree program at CU-Boulder in the future.

    Audit Card Program

    Certain individuals who are not registered students may be able to audit regularly scheduled classes with an audit card. Auditors must get permission from the professor to audit a class prior to purchasing the audit card. For more information, visit the Bursar’s Office or contact Student Billing at (303) 492-5381 or

    Colorado residents aged 55, visit CU-Boulder Alumni Association for information about the senior auditor program. 

    High School Concurrent Registration

    The High School Concurrent Program offers high school students the challenge of completing college courses. For information on eligibility and registration, call (303) 492-5148 or  visit the the High School Concurrent program online

    Senior Auditors

    Colorado residents aged 55 and older can register in this tuition-free, noncredit program to audit classes on a space-available basis. For more information, call (303) 492-8484 or visit CU-Boulder Alumni Association


    Dear Student,

    Your Spring 2015 enrollment appointment has now been posted in MyCUInfo.

    Dear Student,

    If you intend to graduate in December 2014, be sure to complete each item below by the date listed. To find out about your graduation requirements, contact your department or advisor.

    Important Dates

    Loading Events...

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Contact Us

    • Email us 
    • 303-492-6970
    • In Person
      (9 a.m.–5 p.m.)

    Regent Admin. Center 101
    20 UCB
    Boulder, CO 80309

    See Department Contacts

    Online Tools

    Calendars & Schedules