Outdoor Equipment Rental
For those of you who enjoy the outdoors, the Outdoor Program is the place to start! Your choice of equipment for the mountains or here on campus is available at extremely reasonable rates.
Rental Center Hours- Spring Semester
Monday – Thursday - 9a – 6p
Friday - 10a – 6p
Saturday – 11a -6p
Sunday – 1p-6p
Available Rental Equipment
2 - Person Tents
Hard Shell Mountaineering Boots(coming Soon)
Climbing Shoes (Outdoor)
Avalanche Probe & Shovel
- Rentals are for Recreation Center Members only
- If damaged or lost a replacement fee will be assessed
- A cleaning fee of $8 will apply for all wet, dirty, or soiled equipment.
- After 10 days from due date, all gear not returned or with outstanding fees may have fees charged directly to credit card on file.
Day – Defined as a 2 – 24 hour rental
Weekend - Defined as 4 days or less (Friday to Monday) Long weekends get a free day
(i.e. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: pick up Friday, return Tuesday).
Week - Defined as 11 days or less
Other – Special Rates apply for longer rentals
Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance of use. Reservations must be made in person and full payment is required at that time. Gear that is not reserved is available first-come first-serve.
- Gear can be picked up at the Outdoor Program desk during Rental Center hours
- You must bring your receipt of payment to the Outdoor Program office at time of equipment pick up.
- An Equipment Rental Agreement must be filled out by renter at pick up. The Agreement includes rental policies, waiver, and credit card deposit information.
- All rentals must have a credit card on file.
- The rental equipment should be inspected by the renter to make sure all parts are there and the equipment is in good condition.
- All rental equipment must be returned the day specified to the OP Rental Center during Rental Center open hours.
- Rental Equipment cannot be returned to the cashier desk or equipment check out desk and must be returned at the OP Rental Center.
- All rental equipment will be checked for damage and cleanliness upon return.