All certification classes offered by the Student Recreation Center meet the standards for current American Red Cross Emergency Cardiovascular Care Guidelines.
CPR/AED and First Aid
This six-hour Standard CPR/First Aid/AED Course covers everything from burns and broken bones to choking and heart attacks. This is an extended course that includes adult, infant, and junior CPR and AED.
Early registration is recommended as CPR classes fill quickly. Must be CU-Boulder student, faculty, staff or affiliate to register.
Please register on-line or in person at Rec Center Guest Services.
Please note, due to the demand of CPR classes, we are unable to honor any requests for refunds or transfers.
Time: 9:15 am -3:15 pm
Location: Large Ice Overlook Meeting Room
Fee: Member $75, Non-member $95
LG - Lifeguard Certification
This course includes all the necessary Lifeguard Training material from the American Red Cross including certification in CPR for the professional rescuer and First Aid.
- Ability to swim 300 yards continuously, using the following strokes for 100 yards each: Freestyle / Breaststroke / Freestyle & Breast stroke combined.
- Surface dive to a minimum depth of 7–10 feet and retrieve a 10-pound weight.
- Swim 20 yards with a 10 lb. object using legs only.
Prerequisite swim test is administered at the first class. You must attend all classes to receive certification.
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
Time: 8:30 am- 4:30 pm
Dates: 5/8/2016 to 5/10/2016
Location: Outdoor Program Classroom and Pool
Fee: Member $165; Non-member $199
Life Guard Review
The purpose of this course is to help participants achieve recertification in American Red Cross Lifeguard Training without having to take the full content course. You must hold current American Red Cross Lifeguard certification to be eligible to take the review.
Returning Spring 2017
9:00 am- 4:30 pm
LGI - Lifeguard Instructor Training Course
The American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Course certifies successful graduates to teach all ARC lifeguarding courses including first aid and CPR skills. The notable exception to the rule is the Waterfront Skills course which requires additional Waterfront skills certification for instructors to be eligible to teach.
Prerequisites and requirements:
- The course length is approximately 21 hours.
- The certificate will remain valid for 2 years.
- Students must be at least 17 years of age.
- Students should have a current ARC certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED.
- Students must complete the on-line instructor orientation and pre-course.
Returning Spring 2017
Fitness & Wellness
Summer Hours (May 7 - Aug 7)
|Days||Rec Center||Outdoor Pool*||Indoor Pool||Bear Creek Commons|
|Mon-Fri||6 am - 10 pm||6 am - 7 pm||6 am - 9 pm||9 am - 9 pm|
|Saturday||11 am - 9 pm||11 am - 7 pm||11 am - 8 pm||11 am - 9 pm|
|Sunday||11 am - 9 pm||11 am - 7 pm||11 am - 8 pm||11 am - 9 pm|