The Natitorium Closing For Renovation
The natitiorium, pictured below, will be closing for renovation on Saturday April 20, 2013 and will reopen in Fall 2013. During the renovation period patrons will be able to use Carlson pool for lap swimming.
Summer aquatics activities cancelled due to construction. Classes will resume Fall 2013.
Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult in the pool area at all times.
Recreation Services has four pools: an eight-lane 25-yard lap pool, a dive well pool, and two six-lane 25-yard pools that are used for other pool-related activities offered through the Collegiate Sport Club Program, Instruction Program, and Outdoor Program.
No independent private swimming lessons are permitted/allowed in the pool.
- Jump from your feet only!
- No double bouncing.
- Do not hang from boards.
- No flotation devices or eyewear while using diving boards.
- One person on board/ ladder at a time.
- Once you jump, swim to far wall to get out, rather than swimming back to boards.
- 3 meter boards are open to Dive Club members only!
Note: Disregard for these rules could affect your pool privileges!
- How many laps are in a mile?
- Thirty-six laps or 72 lengths equal 1,800 yards or just over a mile. A swimming mile used in competitive swimming and triathlons is 1,320 yards or 66 lengths.
- Why do you have to shower before entering the pool?
- Colorado Health Department regulations require that all patrons shower before entering the pool. This rule also applies to individuals re-entering the pool from the sun deck.
- When are the diving boards open?
- Open diving hours vary because various classes (e.g., water aerobics, scuba) and teams (e.g., water polo) use the dive well. Recreational diving is available only during posted "open dive" times. Schedules indicating when the dive well is available for open diving are posted weekly on the pool bulletin board on the north wall of the pool by the entrance to Clare Small pool.
- When is lap swim?
- Lap lanes are available during all pool hours.
- Where can I get a towel?
- Towels are available at checkout with a valid ID.
- Where can I get goggles?
- The pool does not provide goggles, so you'll need to bring your own, or check a free pair out from the Equipment Checkout desk.
- How many lanes are there in the main pool?
- Eight: four lap lanes; four rec swim lanes.
- What is the water temperature in the pools?
- 79 to 82 degrees.
- When are Clare Small and Carlson Pools used?
- During scheduled club sports, Instruction Program, Outdoor Program, rental events, and intramural sports events.