November 1st, 2011
Attendance: Diane Belz, Bruce Deakyne, Spencer Graham, Nan Lu, Steve Najera, Patricio Nieto, Sam Rhoades, Blake Royal, Zachary Strang, Alex Voigt, Andrew Yoder
- Call to Order: 5:40pm
- Mr. Rhoades motioned to approve the minutes from the meeting on October 18, 2011 with correction to a seconded motion to conclude the meeting and a name spelling verification. Mr. Nieto seconded this motion. Minutes approved 6-0-0.
- CUSG Report
- Mr. Yoder: we finished elections on Friday. The Pulse ticket won, sweeping all the seats. There will be 5 new representatives including a new representative at large who will be sworn in and assigned to the Recreation Center. There was a total of 6,000 votes which makes this the biggest ever election for the fall. Budget information is in the process of finalization, it is a 97%, 0% scenario and an enhancement list is prioritized. Don’t expect increases, but nothing is finalized right now.
- Mr. Deakyne: We will be getting into budgets at the end of this semester. Legislative Council makes final decisions on things like unduckables which are things like salary increases and utilities etc.
- Ms. Lu: There is no information on the bond. It will close on the 3rd of November, so I will have all the information by then.
- Program Area Liaison Reports
- Ms. Voigt: (Report for Fitness and Wellness) we came in 6th place in the Pac 12 Fitness Challenge. This means that we finished in the top half. Nicole, the Fitness and Wellness Director, is pleased about this as it was our first year participating.
- Executive Team Reports
- Ms. Lu: I have not heard anything from chair regarding the upcoming budget proposal criteria. When I am finished with it, I will meet with legislation to making finalizations.
- Mr. Najera: We are working on a few projects: The fencing project at Williams Village, Starting work on the pool ventilation system and roof for improvements (nothing major), and regular maintenance of the ice rink. We are also dealing with the weather and snow removal as it presents itself.
- Chair’s Report
- Director’s Report
- Old Business
- New Business
- Buff Up The Rec
- Mr. Deakyne: Steering meetings (one this Friday) will include the first schematic designs on the 14th, 15th, and 16th before thanksgiving break. There will be focus groups and general workshop sessions where things are combined. Students are welcomed at any session. In terms of steering, I would like to run through specific roles and how they will work with Rec board throughout project.
- We will be using the same Target model as we did last spring which includes five groups: group presentation (led by Mr. Strang), messaging and marketing, and social media.
- Message (getting information out to the students):
- Content Distribution
- Social media (Everett, Alex, Cam, Meg)
- Facebook and Twitter
b. Group presentation (Zack)
i. Presenters (Sam, Graham, Kerri, Mary) and Coordinators
ii. Regularly Scheduled Open house
b. Mr. Deakyne: New things are being posted on Facebook as they are changing. We are also considering a blog.
c. Mr. Royal: Should we do anything on the student bulletin?
d. Mr. Najera: We will be setting things up here. There are places where students can post their feedback. They will be seeing pictures in the Recreation Center and will be able to provide feedback.
e. Ms. Lu: The top priority right now is to update the Buff up the Rec page and make sure all information is coherent wherever else it may be posted.
- Adjournment: 6:09pm
- Mr. Graham motions to adjourn, Mr. Nieto seconds this motion. Motion passes 6-0-0.