April 5th 2011
Attendance: Jessica Cicchinelli, Bruce Deakyne, Colin Finch, Spencer Graham, George Hoey, Tim Jorgensen, Cheryl Kent, Nan Lu, John Meyer, Alicia Muirhead, Steve Najera, Dan Rummel, Zack Strang.
- CALL TO ORDER at 5:36 pm.
- Ms. Kent- Great voter turnout! More than 6,000 students cast their votes already. Thanks all for the hard work and good jobs done! Let us keep the momentum going.
- Ms.Cicchinelli- I will not be able to make the meeting next week and will proxy out my vote on the item re alcohol in the Rec Center.
- Ms. Kent- This is a joint Rec Board/Steering Committee meeting with short notice. The only item on the agenda was election update, but we can discuss the alcohol policy tabled from last week now since Ms. Ciccinelli will not be here next week.
- Ms. Cicchinelli- I feel uncomfortable about it because we do not allow the students to drink in the Rec Center.
- General Discussions- The revenue is good to have but are we sending a mixed message about drinking to the students? This is a very important decision; what is the principles and legacy the current Board wants to leave behind? The decision does not have to be a flat yes or no; what are the terms and conditions we can set in order to allow alcohol in the Rec Center on a limited basis? Does it make a difference whether it is an additional $1,000 or $1,000,000 in revenue this will bring?
- BuffUpTheRec Reports
- Ms. Muirhead-UGGS has a table for Graduate Students Appreciation Week. Many students that came to the table today already voted.
- Mr. Strang-ROTC is the only group left on schedule to have a presentation done. It will have to be early in the morning; will follow up with Diane to find the date/time this week.
- Ms. Kent- Another voter rally has been scheduled for Thursday 3:00 – 5:00pm at Rec at Wil Vil. Will send email out tonight.
- THANKS all around for the good job all the volunteer have been doing!
- Adjournment at 6:26 pm