March 8, 2011
Attendance: Morgan Barber, Ellis Bennett, Jessica Cicchinelli, Bruce Deakyne, Tyler Goering, Spencer Graham, Colin Finch, George Hoey, Cheryl Kent, Nan Lu, Tim Jorgensen, Peter Swanson.
- CALL TO ORDER at 5:40 pm.
Mr. Finch motioned to approve the minutes. Ms. Cicchinelli seconded. Motion passed 5-0-0.
- Ms.Kent- Athletics is helping us out by getting out information through emails because Buff Up the Rec is related to athletics. Tom will get information out to the athletes and encourage them as student leaders.
- Ms. Kent- We met with the director of Housing and Dining who will help advertise in the Center for Community.
- Mr. Deakyne- There are three tickets for CUSG elections, Sam Rhoades is one and Katie from Club Sports is on another.
- Mr. Najera- I met with Barb today and we went over the different proposals and we went with Arena Products whose expertise is in Ice Rinks. We have their base level estimate but there may be additional items that they find during the process. There are three different options, A, B and C; A to replace the two compressors.
- Mr. Jorgensen- Last spring Dan Rumel formed a student employee advisory board with a representative from each area to work on student employee development. They want to have an employee fun night here, maybe something on the rink. They want to propose closing the Rec Center early one night for this and they are also forming a mentorship program to reduce drop-out numbers by checking on incoming freshmen. Friday or Saturday night since those are less busy nights for the Rec Center.
Mr. Finch motioned to adjourn and Mr. Graham seconded.
Motion passed 6-0-0.
- Adjournment at 6:30 pm.