The CU Rec Center at Bear Creek is located between the Williams Village Complex and the Apartments at Bear Creek. All full-fee-paying students and Bear Creek residents are eligible to use it.
Entering and using the facility
Patrons entering the facility must have a BuffOne card that shows fees were fully paid for the current semester. Spouses/partners of full-fee-paying and base-fee-paying students may use the center provided they have purchased appropriate membership.
Weight and Cardiovascular Room
The first floor includes a 3,300 sq. ft. weight room complete with Cybex equipment, Olympic-style weight benches, dumbbells, two treadmills, and nine Precor ellipticals and nine individual TVs as well as two 50" TVs in the weight room.
The second floor includes a multipurpose studio used for instruction program classes. Cardiovascular equipment is available for drop-in recreation when classes are not scheduled. This room can be reserved for more information click on Facility Reservations.
See Instruction Program for schedule.
The second floor includes a conference room more information on reservations please click on Facility Reservations.
Four tennis courts are located in the Northeast end of the parking lot. For tennis courts reservations call 303-735-6640.
Basketballs, footballs, volleyballs, Frisbees, jump ropes, weight belts and gloves, tennis racquets and balls, and sweat towels can be checked out for daily use at no charge. Lockers and locks can be checked out only for daily use and at no charge.
- For your safety, no sandals or open toed shoes are allowed, and shoes must have non-marking soles.
- Shirts, exercise pants, or shorts must be worn at all times and no jeans or jean shorts are allowed.
- No bicycles, skateboards, or rollerblades are allowed.
- No out door sports activities are allowed.
- For the privacy of patrons, no photographic equipment including cameras, phones, PDAs, or video equipment is allowed.
- Instruction or classes may only take place in exclusive-use rental space and must be conducted by CU Rec Center staff.
- We reserve the right to deny entry to anyone displaying inappropriate behavior including belligerence or intoxication. Refusal to follow the policies of the Rec Center may result in removal from the facility.
Register for all classes and purchase drop-in passes at the main campus Student Recreation Center as there is no cashier at Bear Creek. In addition to registering for a class, you can purchase a $3 drop-in pass for one class or a $15 pass for five drop-in classes. Fitpass and Cycle Pass cards will be accepted at Bear Creek.
The CU Rec Center at Bear Creek is located between the Williams Village Complex and the Apartments at Bear Creek.
The Buff Bus has designated stops at Williams Village and the Bear Creek Apartments. Bike racks are also available in front of the Bear Creek Recreation Center for your convenience.
On weekdays parking permits can be purchased for $6.25 per day for Lot 623, on the weekends it is free. Free 2hr parking is located to the west of the recreation center on 30th St.