Motorcyle Permits

On this page


Motorcycle permits for the CU-Boulder campus are available at the PTS customer service window. A photo ID and vehicle license plate number are required at the time of purchase. Permits are available with a choice of expiration dates.

There are two types of motorcycle permits, and they cost the same.


Motorcycle Permit Type


Additional Information

Circle M Motorcycle Permit


Free of charge to vehicular faculty/staff, student commuter permit holders*

Allows motorcycles to park in any circle M lot. This permit may not park in lot-specific parking lots.


Lot-Specific Motorcycle Permit


Additional cost to vehicular faculty/staff, student, commuter permit holders*

Allows motorcycles to park in assigned lot AND all circle M parking lots.


*Student residents are ineligible for more than one permit on campus.

Single Permit for Multiple Bikes?

One permit can be purchased for multiple bikes.

PTS sells brackets at our customer service window, which allows a permit to be moved from motorcycle to motorcycle. This bracket is attached behind the license plate and the motorcycle permit should be permanently affixed to the tab. The bracket can then be changed between cycles, but will require removing the entire bracket.

Mopeds, Scooters, & Motorized Bicycles

Low-power mopeds, scooters, and motorized bicycles are considered "motorcycles" for campus parking and, regardless of engine size, must be permitted by Parking and Transportation Services to park in motorcycle spaces. Any moped, scooter or motorized bicycle less than 50ccs must be registered with either the Department of Motor Vehicles or Parking and Transportation Services in order to purchase a motorcycle permit.

Visit the Division of Motor Vehicles for information about registering your moped, scooter or motorized bicycle. Parking and Transportation Services can also register your low power scooter for a nominal fee.

Learn more about Colorado state regulations regarding scooters here.