A Resource for Boulder Campus Property Managers
Fiscal Year End is much like the calendar New Year Holiday. There's a bit of regret for what we had hoped to accomplish to make the EOY process smoother; and of course hope, as we set our sights on the new fiscal year.
A EOY DPM Checklist
- Purchase your capital equipment early enough to be able to receive it before June 28th.
- If you will have to accrue a purchase or put a deposit down on a piece of equipment in June for a July delivery, let Patty.Patterson@Colorado.edu know.
- If you are planning to do major purchases to use up budget; e.g. 50+ items let Patty know so that she can arrange to get them entered into PSAM accurately.
- Go through your inventory list one last time and let Jeanne.Connely@Colorado.edu know of any room changes, disposals, transfers both to UCB or to another entity.
- Follow the campus calendar for EOY close processes.
Thanks for your help and good luck with FY13's close!
Purchasing/Receiving Capital Equipment
- Fund 30/34
- Please use 810100 when purchasing assets >= $5,000. Contact Patty.Patterson@Colorado.edu if you have any questions. ext 2-8030
- UCB and Fed Fabrication Tag Request Form
- Transfer Tagged asset between departments on campus. Interdepartmental Transfer
- Transfers to another campus or not-for-profit entity (must be surplused/disposed on our campus first) contact Jack.Brubaker@Colorado.edu ext 2-7207
- Transfers from another campus or not-for-profit entity contact Jeanne.Connely@Colorado.edu ext 2-2424
- Transfers from a for-profit entity, treat as a Gift In Kind (GIK) see next item.
- GIK Gift In Kind Form
Tracking/Maintenance of Tagged Equipment
- Change of Location Send email with Tag number & new location to: Jeanne.Connely@Colorado.Edu
- Change of Status
Cannibalization is when a dept disassembles a tag and uses the pieces for other uses.
Impaired: Equipment no longer used for intended purpose due to reduced functionality.
Office of Contracts & Grants
- Forms Link takes you to OCG's webpage for property.
Property Disposal/Transfers/Donations off campus
- Disposal Takes you to Property Services webpage for disposing of property.
- To Transfer, Donate or Sell Equipment Send an email to: Jack.Brubaker@Colorado..edu
Would you like 'read only' access to PeopleSoft Asset Management?
PSAM allows you to query your departmental assets to review their tag#, location, funding source, responsible person, etc. It's a great way to manage your assets and reduce your biennial inventory headaches. Contact Greg.Roers@Colorado.edu ext. 2-6376 to start the process.
- Email Questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAQ (under construction)
New Equipment Fabrication Procedure:
As of January 2, 2013 all fabrications will be assigned a subclass speedtype to the main project in order to more accurately and consistently capture the costs associated with a fabrication. For DPMs the Fabrication Request Process will remain the same, request a fabrication tag from Patty.Patterson@Colorado.edu and she will walk you through the set up of the subclass speedtype. The subclass speedtype will streamline the reconciliation of fabrication expenses when placing the fabrication in service and when the project is closed.
Department Property Management Training:
Future Sessions: If you have any questions or training needs prior to the modules being offered
- Module 3 Hosted by OCG will be scheduled in the Fall 2013 Pat.Dodson@Colorado.edu 5-6277
- Module 1 Hosted by ABS will be scheduled in the Winter 2014 Jeanne.Connely@Colorado.edu 2-2424
- Module 2 Hosted by Property Services Spring 2014 Jilliandra.Michko@Colorado.edu 2-6324
Update on DPM Certification Trainings
Congratulations! To Date, 24 DPMs have attended all 3 sessions and became certified as Departmental Property Managers: If you missed one or two of the 3 sessions last year and would like to complete the certification process this year, just let us know when you register. ABS is tracking attendance and uploading the attendance into the MyCUinfo training. You can keep track of your progress there.
Overall Numbers To Date: 232 attendees (146 unique attendees) for the 8 sessions held since December 2010. The goal is to certify the 159 staff who have property roles within their department but all staff are welcome to come and learn about the exciting world of property management. It sounds so simple till you get into the details!
159 Departmental Property Managers manage ~$500,000,000 of capital campus assets! For most, DPM duties are in the ‘Not Elsewhere Classified’ category of the PDQ. It can be tough if you do not know where to go for assistance and so OCG, Property Services, and ABS developed this training program to help. Contact: Greg.Roers@Colorado.edu or 303-492-6376 if you have any questions.