Guidelines for Safe Tailgating
CU Athletics and the University of Colorado Police Department welcome you to the University of Colorado Boulder campus. To enhance the gameday experience, ensure a safe environment, and preserve the beauty of the campus, the following responsible tailgating guidelines are enforced:
- Tailgating -- the placement of any item on the ground (chairs, coolers, grills, games, etc.) -- is permitted in designated parking lots four hours prior to kick-off and up to one hour following the end of the game.
- Police will patrol the tailgate area and enforce the law.
- Fan behavior such as physical disruption, inappropriate language, hazing, harassing, or menacing may be grounds for criminal charges and/or removal from the CU premises.
- The following items/activities are prohibited:
- Consuming alcohol or carrying alcohol in open containers in any street, sidewalk, car, alley, or other public area
- Selling or distributing alcohol without a license
- Providing alcohol to anyone under 21 years old
- Providing alcohol to anyone who is already intoxicated
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Canvassing or soliciting/distribution not previously authorized by the University of Colorado
- Deep fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying
- Open flame fires of any kind. (Charcoal or gas cooking is permitted.)
- Weapons and fireworks
- Saving parking or tailgating spaces
- Hiring of any third party vendors/consultants/entertainers to provide services in a tailgating area without prior written authorization from the University Risk Management and Police Department.
- The university reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of any item or activity and to restrict vehicles due to safety reasons. At its discretion, the university may terminate or take other appropriate action against individuals, groups, or organizations whose conduct at tailgate parties is irresponsible, unreasonable, or inconsistent with university policies and regulations, ordinances and laws.