This week we start the study of EM waves. The use of these to transmit information has had a profound effect on almost every aspect of life, everyday as well as global!
Week 7 - February 21 - February 25:
- OFFICE HOURS THIS WEEK: Regular office hours will start this week, Mondays 3-4.5-6 in G-2B77 and Tuesdays 4-5:30 in G-2B60.
- EXAM 1 is Tuesday evening, February 22nd at 7:00pm in Duane G2B90 (the Helproom). Old exam 1 questions are posted on our CULearn page. The new proposed formula sheet is posted here, while the Griffiths' fly-leaf formulas are posted here.
- WRITTEN HOMEWORK: There is no HW assignment this week. Solutions to HWs 1-5 are now posted on the CU-LEARN site.
- READING: This week we finish up conservation laws as applied in EM fields, and look at Waves! Read Griffiths' 9.1-9.2.
- NOTE: Lecture Notes and Concept Tests from the past weeks are now posted at this website (see sidebar
- Course home pages from the previous weeks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
I welcome your comments on the class and this website.
Send them to Edward.Kinney at colorado.edu