Physics 1120, General Physics 2: Electricity, Magnetism, and Optics
Instructors: Steven Pollock and Victor Gurarie
A circuit from The Art of Electronics, by Horowitz and Hill. You should be able to find the resistors and capacitors! Less familiar to you at the
moment might be the zener diode, the op-amp, the potentiometer, and the three npn transistors. This 'voltage regulator' circuit takes a poor quality 20-30 V source and turns it into a very stable 15 V source with low internal resistance.
Week 8 Highlights:
Continuing with Electric Circuits
- Exam 2 is this week - Tues Oct 16. Same room assignments as before.
Please see the "exams and grades" links for more information (and sample
- We'll hold an extra (evening) office hour, Mon 6-6:50 PM in room G125 for people with last minute exam questions, like last time.
- We have an 1120 culearn website. Your grades are there (as of the first midterm, it's not "live"- I'll update it after each midterm, probably the weekend after the exam ). If you have a zero for "clickers", maybe you haven't registered your clicker yet? Don't forget to do that, and it must be for the correct lecture (10 AM or noon!)
- Our culearn page also has a "threaded messages" list - please ask each other questions about the course, even (especially!) homework there, and respond to one another. It's great for you to ask questions, give and get help about the problems, give hints. Use it as a resource to collaborate! I notice a few people have posted CAPA questions there, that's great - (especially handy late at night when I might not be online)
- "Virtual office hours" link is where I post
email questions, if I think they're of general interest.
Home page from weeks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,
I welcome your comments on the class and this website.
Send them to victor dot gurarie at colorado dot edu.
(Many thanks to John Price for the original construction of this page!)