PBA Home > Institutional Research & Analysis > Performance
The performance of higher education institutions may be assessed by a wide range of criteria.
Various performance indicators for CU-Boulder are listed below with direct links to more information about each:
- Accreditation - 2020 accreditation, 2010 accreditation, Higher Learning
Commission (HLC) annual reports,specialized accreditations
- Academic rigor - annual report to University of Colorado Regents, Collegiate Learning
Assessment (CLA), Voluntary System of Accountability (VSA)
- National and world reports - IPEDS, CU-Boulder rankings and ratings
- CU-Boulder campus indicators - overall, sustainability
- Assessing and improving - learning goals, student outcomes
- University of Colorado System - dashboard
- State of Colorado - performance contracts, periodic reports
- Measures of the performance of U.S. states - Colorado rank among states,
National Center for Higher Education Management System (NCHEMS)
- One-time reports - standardized tests, medical school acceptance rates
- CU-Boulder is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association
(NCA). Accreditation is ongoing, renewed every 10 years.
- CU-Boulder 2020 accreditation
- CU-Boulder’s next Year Ten Assurance Review, Comprehensive Evaluation, and Reaffirmation
of Accreditation is scheduled for 2019-2020. The accreditation process will follow the
Higher Learning Commission’s new Open Pathway program for reaffirmation of
accreditation. The three-year transition to the new accreditation process
began in September 2012. A
booklet that describes Open
Pathway is available on the Commission's web site.
- CU-Boulder’s first step under Open Pathway is a Quality Initiative Proposal, to be
submitted between Sep 1, 2014 and Aug 31, 2017. Once the proposal is
approved, the Quality Initiative Report will be submitted between Sep 1,
2016 and Aug 31, 2019.
- For the complete timeline and a description of Open Pathway components, see the
booklet p. 23 (timeline) and p. 4 (components). See also a summary and
more detail of
- CU-Boulder would normally have a Year Four Assurance Review in 2013-14, but the Year
Four Reviews are waived during transition to Open Pathway.
- CU-Boulder 2010 accreditation
- CU-Boulder annual reports to North Central Association/Higher
Learning Commission (NCA/HLC) - Annual Institutional Data Update
Specialized accreditations, CU-Boulder (PDF) - last updated 10/6/2011
- Accreditation at AAU
and other universities in NCA/HLC region
- CCHE master plan and associated performance contracts -- Status update, September 2012, from EdNews Colorado. Includes links to plan draft and statutes.
- Performance contracts - Senate Bill 189, passed by the Colorado legislature in spring 2004, calls for performance contracts between
higher education institutions and the state.
- CU-Boulder and CCHE Quality Indicator System (QIS) - for each year, from 1998 through 2004
- State and national standardized tests
(licensure, certification, admission to graduate/professional school) - performance of students graduating from the
University of Colorado Boulder, brief summary, May 2008
- 2006 Acceptance rate of CU-Boulder students to medical school, versus national average
(along with chart showing acceptance ratios by GPA and MCAT scores)