PBA Home >
Institutional Research & Analysis >
NRC Assessment of Research-Doctorate Programs
National Research Council (NRC) Assessment of Research-Doctorate Programs
Updated May 2, 2011; new material is highlighted
- Data Shell of NRC Column/Variable Names: Used in reading NRC's download of rankings and other stats,
ResDocTableWin.xls, into SAS. Updated 5/2/2011 Excel
- PBA checked the April 21 2011 NRC re-release (v2) and did
notify depts of noteable changes. NRC then re-re-released on April 29 (V3).
V4 may come. We will be in touch with depts. For update on doings nationally
Findings and results --
Rankings, peer lists, program values,
comparisons, for CU-Boulder and beyond, with links to interactive
data exploration facilities -- last update 10/7/10
Background on the study and CU-Boulder
- CU-Boulder Programs - Based on the criteria and taxonomy established by
NRC, 33 CU-Boulder PhD programs
are ranked. Link lists each, links to further
detail, discusses programs not participating, and lists programs at other
- Faculty lists - Information about CU-Boulder faculty, with listings, sources,
"allocation," how NRC used the information, and more. Includes
info on faculty turnover since the fall 2006 NRC time point.
- Methods and measures: Measures and ranking methods, with sources, time points, CU-Boulder processes, and more.
including March 2011 convocation presentation
- 1995 NRC study, including results for CU-Boulder programs and
changes in program configurations since 1995.
Key contacts for CU-Boulder