PBA Home > Institutional Research & Analysis
Institutional Analysis Staff
|Group Photo - October 2012
Org chart - 2013
- Interim Director --
Stubbs, graduate studies, economics, CU-Boulder 1997.
- Began at CU-Boulder: Fall 1994 in master's program in economics,
while also working in Office of Planning and Institutional Research
(which merged with PBA in April 1998). Started with PBA: April 1998.
- Responsibilities: General oversight; technology and data infrastructure; oversee IA
technical staff of four IR analysts; work with CU-system IRM
(Information Resource Management) and other CU IR offices on data
warehouse issues; work with Faculty Information System and other
CU-Boulder sources. Primary representative to AAUDE. Specialties: faculty salaries, employee data including affirmative action,
audit system for CU-Boulder and AAUDE.
- IR Analyst --
Glenn Colby, Ph.D. candidate, math/science education, Vanderbilt University (expected completion in 2012).
- Began at CU-Boulder and started with PBA: February 2012
- Responsibilities: Data infrastructure and files librarian, personnel
and research data.
- Senior Researcher --
Fran Costa, Ph.D.,
personality and social psychology, CU-Boulder 1983.
- Began at CU-Boulder: 1978 as a research assistant in the Research Program on Problem Behavior, Institute of Behavioral Science.
Started with PBA: January 2007.
- Responsibilities: Survey research -- survey development, data collection, file preparation, data analysis and reporting;
external reporting (including college guides) -- data analysis, data interpretation, reports, research and documentation.
- FCQ Assistant -- Kristen Curry, BA, English, CU Boulder.
- Began at CU Boulder and started with PBA: September 2012.
- Responsibilities: FCQ department liaison, FCQ collection and distribution, FCQ student supervision.
- IR Analyst -
Fanchon Finucane, MHS, epidemiology, Johns Hopkins University 1985.
- Began at CU-Boulder and started with PBA: August 2008.
- Responsibilities: FCQ systems and data, course data, SAS, systems support,
- Researcher --
MA, linguistics, CU-Boulder 1993.
- Began at CU-Boulder: April 1981 as an administrative assistant in the Psychiatry
department at Wardenburg Health Center.
- Started with PBA: August 1990. Formally retired summer 2007.
- Responsibilities: Survey research logistics--including survey design, response rates, open-ended comments
processing; oversight of intra-office library system; and assistance with ad hoc survey projects.
- Senior Researcher --
Ph.D, social psychology, U of Michigan 1974; BA, psychology with math
minor, U of Kansas 1969.
- Began at CU-Boulder: August 1974, visiting professor in psychology.
RA and PI in IBS, 75-83.
Started with PBA (then called Research and Testing): September 1983.
Retired as Director May 2013. Working part-time.
- Responsibilities: Alternate representative to AAUDE (Association of American
Universities Data Exchange); AAUDE
national chair, 2007-08; faculty productivity, and comparative analysis
using Academic Analytics data.
- IR Analyst --
Redabaugh , BS, statistics, Colorado State University 2000.
- Began at CU-Boulder and started with PBA: August 2000.
- Responsibilities: General programming, regular student and course
audits, files, and reporting; teacher education program support, graduate-level college guides, student athlete reporting, web site
longitudinal dataset for
- FCQ coordinator -- Meg
Rowland, BA, literature, UC Santa Barbara 1975; graduate work, biophysics,
Harvard 1977; MA, English, CU-Boulder, 2009.
- Began at CU-Boulder: March 1996 as a temp in applied math,
permanent July 1996.
- Started with PBA: August 1997 in the FCQ office. Formally retired February
2010. Working part-time.
- Responsibilities: FCQ supervision and
- Senior researcher --
Sailor, Ph.D., research and evaluation methodology, Utah State U
- Began at CU-Boulder and started with PBA: November 1998.
- Responsibilities: Admissions, financial aid, support of
academic units, enrollment prediction committee, outcomes assessment, FCQ team,
- Coordinator -- Annie Thayer,
Ph.D., biomechanics/exercise science, U of Iowa 1990.
- Began at CU-Boulder: Fall 1993 as consultant/office assistant in
Kinesiology, then worked in Kinesiology as a post-doc on an NIH award
Started with PBA: October 1999. Formally retired from IA Chief of Staff
and Assistant Director, December 2008. Working
- Responsibilities: External reporting especially CU-System
(diversity, performance contract), Higher Learning Commission
(accrediting agency), and IPEDS; performance indicators; web management
- Former IR Analyst Xiaolu Sturgeon started in PBA February 2012, left April 2013.
- Alumnus: Former FCQ Assistant, IA Assistant -- Kim Kelley, fine art
and art history studies, Arizona State University and CU Boulder.
- Began at CU Boulder: 2001 as a temp in Arch & Planning, became full-time/permanent in
2002 as Ph.D. program assistant and UG program assistant. In 2007, moved to MCDB as
admin assistant in graduate program and departmental assistant. Started with PBA: February 2010;
moved in July 2012 to UCB's Biofrontiers Institute.
- Alumnus/retiree; Formerly Senior data and systems analyst --
Pfeifer, BA, French, CU-Boulder 1976.
- Began at CU-Boulder: Fall 1971 as a freshman in Engineering Physics,
changed to regular Physics, went to France for junior-year abroad, and
ended up a French major.
Started in PBA (then Research and Testing): April 1989. Formally
retired March 2009 from FCQ and SAS responsibilities.
At various points since 1983 all or part of what is now Institutional
Analysis has been known as...
- Alumnus: Former Assistant Director for Survey Research -- Jeff Schiel, Ph.D., educational
psychology, emphasis in statistics and measurement, U of Northern Colorado 1988.
- Began at CU-Boulder and started in PBA: August 2002; left July 2011
to return to ACT, Iowa City, IA.
- Research & Testing
- Research & Information
- Student Affairs Research Services
- Academic Planning & Budget
- Planning & Institutional Research
Now, Institutional Analysis is known variously as IA, IR, and
Last revision 03/14/14
PBA Home |
Strategic Planning |
Institutional Research & Analysis |
Budget & Finances |
Questions? Comments? |
Legal & Trademarks |
15 UCB, University of Colorado Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309-0015, (303)492-8631
© Regents of the University of Colorado