PBA Home > Institutional Research & Analysis >
About IR > IR Staff
Institutional Research Staff
- Assistant Vice Chancellor for Integrated Planning & Decision Support --
Steve Vassallo, MPA in financial management
and public policy, NYU. Currently pursuing PhD in higher and postsecondary education from NYU.
- Began at CU-Boulder and PBA in August 2015
- Responsibilities: Collaborates with universtiy units to help ensure the use of data in decisions made for the future of the university.
- Director, Reporting and Analytics --
Raza Dawood, BA English Literature, NYU. MA English Literature, NYU.
- Began at CU-Boulder and PBA in January 2016
- Responsibilities: Modeling and integrating data across the university for the purpose of data driven decision making.
- Director, Institutional Research --
Stubbs, graduate studies, economics, CU-Boulder 1997.
- Began at CU-Boulder: Fall 1994 in master's program in economics,
while also working in Office of Planning and Institutional Research
(which merged with PBA in April 1998). Started with PBA: April 1998.
- Responsibilities: General oversight; technology and data infrastructure; oversee IR
technical staff of four IR analysts; work with CU-system IRM
(Information Resource Management) and other CU IR offices on data
warehouse issues; work with Faculty Information System and other
CU-Boulder sources. Primary representative to AAUDE. Specialties: faculty salaries, employee data including affirmative action,
audit system for CU-Boulder and AAUDE.
- Assistant Director & Senior Researcher, Institutional Research --
Sailor, Ph.D., research and evaluation methodology, Utah State University
- Began at CU-Boulder and started with PBA: November 1998.
- Responsibilities: Admissions, financial aid, support of
academic units, enrollment prediction committee, outcomes assessment, FCQ team,
- Senior Researcher --
Fran Costa, Ph.D.,
personality and social psychology, CU-Boulder 1983.
- Began at CU-Boulder: 1978 as a research assistant in the Research Program on Problem Behavior, Institute of Behavioral Science.
Started with PBA: January 2007.
- Responsibilities: Survey research -- survey development, data collection, file preparation, data analysis and reporting;
external reporting (including college guides) -- data analysis, data interpretation, reports, research and documentation.
- IR Budget Communications Coordinator -- Rachel Dahir,
B.B.A., marketing, Texas A&M University-Commerce 2011.
- Began at CU-Boulder and started with PBA: August 2014.
- Responsibilities: Development and assessment of communication plans for PBA,
including but not limited to promoting surveys, updating website,
and coordinating information requests.
- IR Analyst -
Fanchon Finucane, M.H.S., epidemiology, Johns Hopkins University 1985.
- Began at CU-Boulder and started with PBA: August 2008.
- Responsibilities: FCQ systems and data, course data, SAS, systems support,
- Researcher --
M.A., linguistics, CU-Boulder 1993.
- Began at CU-Boulder: April 1981 as an administrative assistant in the Psychiatry
department at Wardenburg Health Center.
- Started with PBA: August 1990. Formally retired summer 2007.
- Responsibilities: Survey research logistics--including survey design, response rates, open-ended comments
processing; oversight of intra-office library system; and assistance with ad hoc survey projects.
- PBA Communications Intern -- Sara Kiyani,
Senior, Communications, CU-Boulder, expected graduation December 2016.
- Started with PBA: January 2016.
- Responsibilities: Assisting the Communications Program Manager in the development of communication plans for PBA, working on surveys and marketing campaigns,
coordinating outreach programs for university wide campaigns, updating website and other misc. duties.
- Senior Researcher --
Ph.D, social psychology, U of Michigan 1974.
- Began at CU-Boulder: August 1974, visiting professor in psychology.
RA and PI in IBS, 75-83.
Started with PBA (then called Research and Testing): September 1983.
Retired as Director May 2013. Working part-time.
- Responsibilities: Alternate representative to AAUDE (Association of American
Universities Data Exchange); AAUDE
national chair, 2007-08; faculty productivity, and comparative analysis
using Academic Analytics data.
- FCQ Program Manager -- Aaron Monson,
M.A., public history/museum studies, Arizona State University 2009.
- Began at CU-Boulder: August 2015.
- Responsibilities: FCQ supervision and oversight.
- IR Analyst --
Redabaugh , B.S., statistics, Colorado State University 2000.
- Began at CU-Boulder and started with PBA: August 2000.
- Responsibilities: General programming, regular student and course
audits, files, and reporting; teacher education program support, graduate-level college guides, student athlete reporting, web site
longitudinal dataset for
- FCQ coordinator -- Meg
Rowland, M.A., English, CU-Boulder, 2009.
- Began at CU-Boulder: March 1996 as a temp in applied math,
permanent July 1996.
- Started with PBA: August 1997 in the FCQ office. Formally retired February
2010. Working part-time.
- Responsibilities: FCQ program managment consulting, FCQ policies.
- IR Analyst --
Jason Straub, M.S. Statistics, California State University East Bay, 2014.
- Began at CU-Boulder and started with PBA: August 2015.
- Responsibilities: Admissions and financial aid.
- Coordinator -- Annie Thayer,
Ph.D., biomechanics/exercise science, U of Iowa 1990.
- Began at CU-Boulder: Fall 1993 as consultant/office assistant in
Kinesiology, then worked in Kinesiology as a post-doc on an NIH award
Started with PBA: October 1999. Formally retired from IA Chief of Staff
and Assistant Director, December 2008. Working
- Responsibilities: External reporting especially CU-System
(diversity, performance contract), Higher Learning Commission
(accrediting agency), and IPEDS; performance indicators; web management
- Former FCQ Assistant Kristen Curry started in PBA September 2013, left March 2015.
- Alumnus/retiree; Formerly Senior data and systems analyst --
Pfeifer, B.A., French, CU-Boulder 1976.
- Began at CU-Boulder: Fall 1971 as a freshman in Engineering Physics,
changed to regular Physics, went to France for junior-year abroad, and
ended up a French major.
Started in PBA (then Research and Testing): April 1989. Formally
retired March 2009 from FCQ and SAS responsibilities.
- Alumnus: Former Assistant Director for Survey Research -- Jeff Schiel, Ph.D., educational
psychology, emphasis in statistics and measurement, U of Northern Colorado 1988.
- Began at CU-Boulder and started in PBA: August 2002; left July 2011
to return to ACT, Iowa City, IA.
At various points since 1983 all or part of what is now Institutional
Research has been known as...
- Alumnus: Former IR Analyst Glenn Colby started in PBA February 2012, left July 2015.
- Research & Testing
- Research & Information
- Student Affairs Research Services
- Academic Planning & Budget
- Planning & Institutional Research
- Institutional Analysis
- Institutional Research
Now, Institutional Research is known variously as IR and Institutional Research.
Last revision 03/28/16
PBA Home |
Strategic Planning |
Institutional Research & Analysis |
Budget & Finances |
Questions? Comments? |
Legal & Trademarks |
15 UCB, University of Colorado Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309-0015, (303)492-8631
© Regents of the University of Colorado