PBA Home >
Institutional Research & Analysis >
Information by department
Information by department
Relevant for departments or units that teach courses, have majors, grant degrees, and/or have sponsored research
For the Academic Review and Planning (ARP) process. This process was initiated fall 2008, replacing
the Program Review Panel (PRP) process. ARP uses standard "unit profiles" produced by PBA for units undergoing review in any year of the
ARP cycle. UPDATED 10/8/2015
National Research Council (NRC) Assessment of Research-Doctorate Programs at CU-Boulder
School of Journalism statistical profile, 4/2011 (Word)
Measures of teaching activity,
CU-Boulder vs. peers. Posted October, 2008 for A&S unit review
(includes all CU-Boulder schools and colleges). Data are from the
The PBA "grand map" of department related concepts.
Shows academic offerings, dept IDs, other concepts linked to
Measures of department and
college/division activity and performance, fiscal year 2004-05
(and some later)
PRP (Program Review Panel) - information for departments.
As of October, 2008 this
information is obsolete. PRP has been replaced by the Academic Review and
Student enrollment, degrees, GPA's, and graduate education focus
- Fall enrollment headcounts
- Degrees awarded
- Cumulative GPA's of undergraduates by major, gender, and class level
- Focus on graduate education
Faculty and Staff
Teaching, assessment, student charges, and support
- Student credit hours taught, over time (Excel)
- Outcomes assessment summaries from departments
- FCQ interactive data requestor for student evaluations of teaching;
enables downloading multiple term results by subject, college, course, or instructor, in user-specified formats.
- Delaware Study:
The National Study of Instructional Costs and Productivity is also known as
The Delaware Study. It includes data on student credit hours taught by level and type of
instructor, plus expenses, for CU-Boulder and AAU public peers.
- Student credit hours taken and "instructional effort" by
course discipline and level
- Course fees (Excel).
FY 2004-05 |
- Graduate tuition and enrollment management task force (GTEMS): Tables for campus, colleges, and A&S
discipline clusters, for the graduate school only. Tables by department available on request.
- Profiles: New students and total enrollment by
residency-citizenship group (international, US non-residents, Colorado residents), by
appointment type (none, TA, RA), by doctoral vs. master's level, with counts, graduation
rates, degree recipients, and time to degree. (Word document)
- Summaries: Number of faculty, research expenditures,
enrollment, and graduation rate, with enrollment by appointment type. (Word document)
- Freshmen and seniors: National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
- Results for campus, colleges, and some majors, with some
Seniors: Senior Survey, Spring 2008;
Seniors' Future Plans, Spring 2010 - Results by college/division
and academic department
- Alumni: Summer 2007 Results by degree level and
- Graduate School: Fall 2005 survey of all graduate students
entering prior to fall 2005, with comparisons by program and degree level.
- Program Review Units (1990 through 2004) for
whom PBA administered or consulted on alumni and/or current student surveys. Please contact PBA at
if you would like a copy of your unit's survey results and/or questionnaire.
Comparing CU-Boulder departments to those at other institutions: