PBA Home > Institutional Research & Analysis
> Key Concepts
Related to counting, recording and reporting students, credit hours, courses, degrees, certificates and other formal awards
CU-Boulder list of STEM disciplines
- STEM disciplines are fields of study in the categories of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Concurrent bachelor's - master's (BAMA) degrees
- We call concurrent bachelor's-master's degrees BAMA degrees, even though some pairings result in a BS/MS combination. The word concurrent is also used to
refer to concurrent enrollments with CU-Boulder and a high school or another CU campus. However, this is not how it is being used here.
- BAMA pairs - this table lists the current approved BAMA
pairings, along with other information including associated major codes, report majors,
end dates, etc.
- BAMA degrees - counts of BAMA degrees over time by major
Tracking changes in academic program definitions on SIS (Historical Reference)
- SIS records AAR (admissions control record, screen 231) and RPR (academic program table, screen 1A3) together define
valid degree and major combinations for creating admissions records, enrolling students in a term, and awarding degrees.
- See the following links for comparisons of AAR and RPR at two time points. Last updated for May 2007 records vs. spring 2006 census.