The following setup steps and best practices are recommended by OIT for the successful setup of a Xerox or Konica Minolta multi-function device on the CU-Boulder campus. For help with any of the steps below, please contact the IT Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-735-4357 (5-HELP from a campus phone).
- Request a static IP address (Request must be made by a Telecommunications Liaison or Computer Support Representative).
- Make sure a network port/jack is nearby for connection, and phone jack for faxing, and that both are live.
- If the MFD is replacing another printer or MFD, you will need to request a new static IP.
If you plan to use the Scan-to-Folder functionality
- If the file server is in the campus Active Directory (e.g. files.colorado.edu), you must request a secondary account in the AD.
- Contact your Computer Support Representative to build a folder and network share structure for fax and scan to folder functionality.
- If in files.colorado.edu, contact IT Service Center (email@example.com or 303-735-4357).
If the new MFD is replacing another printer or MFD, it is recommended to keep both devices for a short time to allow for a successful transition to the new device.
Transition plan should include:
- ample time to train users
- at least two weeks advance scheduling of desktop support assistance to provide desktops with necessary print drivers, network share configurations, etc.