- Plan your system:
Review the sample network diagram and plan your own digital signage network details. Be sure to include Content Manager and Content Player names, connection types, hardware specs and designate a central content folder within your network.
- In order for your system to run effectively, your computer hardware must meet certain requirements. Please see the FWi System Requirements page for more details and hardware recommendations.
- Register your DS network:
To obtain your license keys, and gain access to the Four Winds Interactive support wiki, you will need to register your system with FWi. Registering will facilitate the FWi support team in assisting you with your network.
In order to ensure proper system operation, both the Content Manager and Content Player machines will require configuration. Please see the FWi Configuration Guides for more details.
Once you’ve registered your system and configured your PCs, you can download your Content Manager and Content Player software for installation from the Four Winds resources page.
Installation requires software installation, network connectivity assurance and the configuration of proper deploy settings within both your Content Manager and Content Player machines.
- Install the FWi Content Manager on your dedicated CM machine.
- Install the FWi Content Player software on your Player machines, those that will be connected directly to your displays.
- Ensure both the Content Manager and Content Player machines are on the same network and able to “see” and talk to each other.
- Visit the FWi wiki for deployment options and Content Player property set-up. Please note, you will need to register your system with FWi to obtain wiki access.
Your system should now be operational and ready for template upload, content customization and deployment. Please visit the Four Winds resources page to pre-view and download your installation instructions.
Detailed configuration and installation services are available from Four Winds Interactive on an hourly fee basis. Please contact your dedicated CU Customer Support Manager for proper scoping and associated costs.